CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...your wife finally gives you the go ahead to place your order for the CTX700 DCT, so you call the dealer first thing Monday morning only to realize they are closed on Mondays. :mad:

Have to wait till tomorrow. This is gonna be a long 24 hours.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Been there done that. It happened when I bought the bike on Saturday and they told me they would have to prep it on Tuesday cause they were closed Monday.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
They will have every color and transmission model you don't want in stock.

right now they should give you a great deal cause it's WINTER. Don't pay list.

PS: if my wife told me that, my question would be "what do you want dear?"

Reactions: chiprussell

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yep I've been to one Honda dealer here who was supposed to call me back yesterday with some trade in values for my Vespa 250ie and my Yahama Majesty. To play it safe I went out to another dealer that handles Honda, Yamaha, and Vespa. They are closed for inventory till Jan 7th. Will be a long weekend wait.

Jack

·
Registered
14 Posts
Speaking of trade-ins, just traded in my 2009 GTS 250ie with 8500 miles and received 2,300. I traded in the Vespa for my daily commute is 15 miles highway at 65 mph. The Vespa just was not up to the task especially when there was a head wind.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Speaking of trade-ins, just traded in my 2009 GTS 250ie with 8500 miles and received 2,300. I traded in the Vespa for my daily commute is 15 miles highway at 65 mph. The Vespa just was not up to the task especially when there was a head wind.
Sounds like a good trade-in deal, considering they have to make money on both ends of a trade and how everything pretty much depreciates like crazy. Did they make up for it in the price they wanted for the new bike, or was that a real trade value?

I traded my Piaggio BV350, a cousin of Vespa. A 2013. Paid $5495 +350 shipping just fourteen months before trading. The best deal I could find from a dealer was $3,800 for my scooter and $600 off MSRP of my new CTX700. Broke my heart to lose that much on a ride in just one year, but it was worth it to me to get a CTX. And they did give me a really good deal on the bike.

I didn't trade due to performance, however. The newly-designed, Piaggio Group 330 cc engine, single cylinder is every bit the performer of the CTX up to 80 mph, but the CTX is smoother on rough roads and dips, even more highway stable, lower CG, better mpg, less service requirements, regular gas capable, and longer service intervals except for valve clearance. Also, more readily-available parts and service, and it should eventually have more aftermarket choices available than Piaggio/Vespa/Aprilia brands. There was one performance area that the scooter was lacking for highway travel and that was braking. The CTX stops and slows much, much better than the BV350, and I've got only the standard brakes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Vespa was bought new just 2 years earlier and I was sharing time between it and my wife's Piaggio BV500. Considering I bought it at a nice discount (being a 2009 bought in 2011), the 4K I was putting on it annually, and the only service done being new tires and oil changes, it was time to upgrade. In the past two years I also put on 6K miles on my wife's Piaggo BV500. It was really the BV500 that kept me looking for a new ride. The BV500 is like a motorcyle, the Vespa was pure scooter. When I go pick up my CTX700D next weekend, I will be able to keep up with her when we ride. Oh, the price, I bought the CTX700D out the door for less than MSRP. Options were less 15% and a couple of hundred bucks to install. Very pleased.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like a good trade-in deal, considering they have to make money on both ends of a trade and how everything pretty much depreciates like crazy. Did they make up for it in the price they wanted for the new bike, or was that a real trade value?

I traded my Piaggio BV350, a cousin of Vespa. A 2013. Paid $5495 +350 shipping just fourteen months before trading. The best deal I could find from a dealer was $3,800 for my scooter and $600 off MSRP of my new CTX700. Broke my heart to lose that much on a ride in just one year, but it was worth it to me to get a CTX. And they did give me a really good deal on the bike.

I didn't trade due to performance, however. The newly-designed, Piaggio Group 330 cc engine, single cylinder is every bit the performer of the CTX up to 80 mph
i do kinda miss my bv350, as i had it kitted out with a big screen, akra pipe, dr. pulley sliders, and rizoma grips. i could sling that bad boy around in town like it was a 150. you're right in that the ctx700 is parsecs better on the slab, but it doesn't have an irresponsible bone in its body. ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts