CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted input in another thread and though the response was good it varied widely. I worked with TechSpec who I had prior experience with on my Concours14 and the service has always been great. I contacted Robbie Boualis and sent him patterns after trying a few different styles and today I received a test set which works perfect for me. There are 3 different materials to choose from and I chose the C3, it is soft and flexible allowing it to work great around the curves. If you want your own custom set I am sure that TechSpec could support your individual needs. You can read more about the materials here:
Product Overview

http://techspec-usa.com/magento/
I am sending TechSpec my findings today as well as a link to this thread. The product is not yet available on their website but if approved it should be soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
CEETEEX those are nice and look way better than I thought they would as soon as they are avaiable I will order a set depending on price you did a good job getting them designed !

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Absolutely no damage, they are designed to be removable and reapplied but I keep mine on. They have a couple other patterns but the Snake skin is thicker and probably not as good on the complex curves of the CTX. The High Fusion is the thinnest. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Custom Tank Grips

Now THAT is a winner. I'm in, as soon as it hits distribution.

Ride Safe, Ride Often
f
Hello Gents.. If you would like to purchase this custom design feel free to email me at [email protected] or send me a PM and I can get you started.

For this Three Piece Kit in the C3 Material, as seen in the pictures, I can set you up for $48.95 plus shipping.

If we can get 5 members to buy in.. I will give all of you free shipping..

Cheers!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Other materials?

Hello Gents.. If you would like to purchase this custom design feel free to email me at [email protected] or send me a PM and I can get you started.

For this Three Piece Kit in the C3 Material, as seen in the pictures, I can set you up for $48.95 plus shipping.

Cheers!
There was mention of other materials and thicknesses. Any info to share?
f

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The material styles and thickness can be found via the link I posted. I am not sure if that changes the price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Email sent, I'm in!

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Materials

I've attached a picture of the surface texture for each material we supply.. If you have additional questions or you'd like to receive samples, send me a PM or email and I'll get you taken care of.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
I posted input in another thread and though the response was good it varied widely. I worked with TechSpec who I had prior experience with on my Concours14 and the service has always been great. I contacted Robbie Boualis and sent him patterns after trying a few different styles and today I received a test set which works perfect for me. There are 3 different materials to choose from and I chose the C3, it is soft and flexible allowing it to work great around the curves. If you want your own custom set I am sure that TechSpec could support your individual needs. You can read more about the materials here:
Product Overview

I am sending TechSpec my findings today as well as a link to this thread. The product is not yet available on their website but if approved it should be soon.

I think they should make those to fit over the tank and add some metal to the top so that a magnetic tank bag can be use over them. I think that's a great idea!

·
Registered
7 Posts
CEETEEX ,, I like the foot pegs on your bike , how can I get the same ones , also , where can I get the passenger handle bar/grip ..... thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not to change the subject, but what brand are the rear paddock stands you show in the pictures?-- I was going to get a stand like that, but after looking at the bike at length, I came to the conclusion (obviously incorrectly) that the stand would hit the muffler on the right side. Thanks, Bob

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not to change the subject, but what brand are the rear paddock stands you show in the pictures?-- I was going to get a stand like that, but after looking at the bike at length, I came to the conclusion (obviously incorrectly) that the stand would hit the muffler on the right side. Thanks, Bob
It is a Trackside stand:
http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/how-forum/1250-stand-chain-maintenance-9.html
But I recommend a center stand:
http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ctx700-general-discussion-forum/3209-center-stand-ctx700.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need' em.

I'd love to get a set of these from my wife's CTX.

Product Overview

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a set of tank grips through Robbie two weeks ago. They shipped quickly, installed beautifully and are everything advertised. I highly recommend this product! I am very satisfied with the customer service and the product received. They really do make a difference, especially in the corners...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts