CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the initial install in the dealers parking lot with jus a couple tools. The pics are when I redid the process for this thread.
These pics are where to start.
Remove the 2 screws and 1 poppet fastener on each side, and pull the plastic panels out.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The poppet fasteners work as follows:
To release
Push the center button in until it snaps. Don't force it all the way through.
Next either push the fastener out from the back side or pry it out with a flat edge under the head of the fastener.
To install
Push the center out so the center button sticks up
Install the fastener in the hole making sure it goes through both panel and mount.
Push the button
PS there are this same style fastener disguised as phillips head screws. They work the same except you use a phillips screwdriver and unscrew 1/4 turn CCW to pop the button up.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can now remove the 4 screws that hold the windshield on. Once the short windshield is removed install the stick on moulding pad that came with the windshield. Make sure all the pads and washer are in place and mount the tall windshield. Reverse the order going back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
BTW, I see two poppets near the top along where the windshield is screwed on for the nose piece. Where are the other 2?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Awesome instructions and photos! I was able to install my tall windshield in about an hour following these WITHOUT my husband's help. I'm sure it would not have taken that long except I dropped a poppet and had to fish it out of the the lower part of the fairing...LOL

Reactions: susietronti

·
Banned
463 Posts
Cobraguy,
Don't know if you saw my input yesterday re: my new bike and comment on installing the tall windscreen.
Thanks a lot for your excellent effort in publishing the pics and info on getting access to the windshield.
Since no instructions came with the windshield it would have taken a long time to figure out the access to all the fasteners. With your instructions it was a piece of cake. When the Cee Bailey arrives it'll be even easier to install.
Thanks again.
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
You should have had a small piece of paper apx 4X4 in the box with a website link for installing accessories.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome instructions!!! Just replaced the short windshield with the taller one!!! Won't have been able to do it with out your instructions!!! Thanks!!!:):)

·
Registered
19 Posts
No CTX, yet. But I like Cobraguy for posting the taller w/shield pics and instrctns. Older people learn better from being shown than by reading a manual. I am of the older group, so, Thanks, Cobraguy.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts