CTX 700 Forum banner

Tall CTX-D Windscreen

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  cobraguy 
#1 ·
FYI - In fact, the tall windscreen is now showing up as available for ordering for those interested.

#3 ·
Not sure JK! Magster and I just stopped by the dealer and were talking shop with the General Manager when I mentioned the problem with the tall shield and his parts department not being able to find it. He said he had just ordered one for a bike yesterday himself. When I got home, the parts girl called to let me know it had just become available. I am pretty sure the Manager lit her up after we left because some money walked out the door instead of us ordering it. I ordered her a wind deflector for now that she wants to try first. If it works, great. If not, I will sell it on ebay and order the tall wind screen.
Thank you though for trying to help us out with the part number.

#4 ·
I too just talked to my dealer. My bike is scheduled to arrive on Friday and he was having difficulty getting the screen ordered from Honda. He said late last week, after going back and forth with his dealer rep and order house, they finally found it. He says it's on its way. The bags have already arrived. I should be ready to go by this time next week.

#6 · (Edited)
Good info boochydog and Thumper. I've subscribed to this thread for future reference.

I've decided to just stick with stock and wait to see what you guys think about this taller screen and to see what the aftermarkets bring. Looking at the pics., it looks a little narrow at the bottom to do a really good job, but it may be about the only option that we'll ever see due to engineering constraints created by the fairing itself.

I know with respect to the NCX, in general most riders have been disappointed with the taller screen; and, in another model new model, the CB500X, reviews have stated that the stock screen works wonderfully. So I think it best just to wait; unless the dealer gives me a really good deal on the tall screen. I've read mixed reviews on the CTX700 with the tall screen and stock screen and the effectiveness of each, so I think I'll wait it out for a little bit until I start seeing more of a consensus of what works and what don't, since my budget doesn't allow for a lot of trial and error.

#7 ·
Hi new here just thought I'd throw in my 2cents. I was at a local dealership Saturday 7/20/13. Looking at a fully optioned D for the Mrs. All the accessories are showing available with pricing. Heated grips are not appearing on the list I saw. Suggested retail price on a D model with DCT/ABS and all the goodies was $10,435. Sales guy says we can work on that. Now we wait for the bike to hit the showroom, maybe first week of August.

#8 ·
Each deal is different for sure. I got mine for $10 grand out the door, but I paid cash and told them it's take it, or leave it. I also had just purchased an NC700X from this same dealer about 3 weeks before, so they made something off me I know.
Best of luck on the new buy and my wife loves hers (I do too).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.