CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTX700N
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the T-Rex Racing Frame sliders made by a local outfit here in Dallas. Installation was super easy & I like these better than the bars I've seen being advertised. 3 points of contact vs 2 on most of the bars offered. Certainly offers a different look than bars...may not be for everyone. $150 for the set. Anyone else opt for these?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I had these, and they were just fine, but I am a little taller than most and they rubbed on my shins.
So I bought the T-Rex Racing 2012 - 2020 Honda CTX700 Engine Guard Crash Cages which have the same Sliders mounted father forward on the crash bars. So I get the safety the sliders provides, (keeping the bike off my leg if I ever go down again) plus the added protection of the crash bars. They protect the engine and me.
And I really like those rear guards from T-Rex Racing. Look how well they would protect my wife's leg if I ever fall again but with her on the back.
And, they probably would have kept the damage to my legs at a minimum when I went down with my first CTX700 2 1/2 years ago. I am a terrible picture taker, but can you see the engine guards, with these sliders mounted a good 12" father forward than the sliders themselves? And, can you see the pic with my wife on the back and how far the bag guards project? They provide a great deal of cover, are mounted at three different frame points. They also have sliders on them. I am sure I will never ever use them. I just do not ride where I would lean that much any more.
But T-Rex offers these as a set for one price. That might be a good choice.

·
Registered
2014 CTX700N
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had these, and they were just fine, but I am a little taller than most and they rubbed on my shins.
So I bought the T-Rex Racing 2012 - 2020 Honda CTX700 Engine Guard Crash Cages which have the same Sliders mounted father forward on the crash bars. So I get the safety the sliders provides, (keeping the bike off my leg if I ever go down again) plus the added protection of the crash bars. They protect the engine and me.
And I really like those rear guards from T-Rex Racing. Look how well they would protect my wife's leg if I ever fall again but with her on the back.
And, they probably would have kept the damage to my legs at a minimum when I went down with my first CTX700 2 1/2 years ago. I am a terrible picture taker, but can you see the engine guards, with these sliders mounted a good 12" father forward than the sliders themselves? And, can you see the pic with my wife on the back and how far the bag guards project? They provide a great deal of cover, are mounted at three different frame points. They also have sliders on them. I am sure I will never ever use them. I just do not ride where I would lean that much any more.
But T-Rex offers these as a set for one price. That might be a good choice.

View attachment 86428 View attachment 86429
View attachment 86427 View attachment 86430
The bars add another $100+. I'm about 5'11", so I'm kinda in the sweet spot I suppose for positioning. I still got my Viking bags to hang..I see you have them also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Apologies for reviving this old thread, but I just saw this while looking for images of the t-rex engine guards on a naked CTX 700 and I noticed you had some protection pads which looks real nice, as shown in the first picture. Do you remember what brand/where you got these? I've been looking for some for a while, but haven't found ones I liked, until I saw yours.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
933 Posts
I'm pretty sure those come with the T-Rex bars.

Reactions: huklbery

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
here is the link to the "Sliders" only. They can be bought and installed, like in the top picture.
T-Rex Racing 2014 - 2020 CTX700 / CTX700n / DCT Frame Sliders (t-rex-racing.com)

but here is the link of the "sliders" on the front engine guards.
I had the sliders on my bike, but they mounted too far back and I was rubbing my shins on them. Then I found the crash bars/engine guards with the sliders mounted quite a bit father forward. So I got them. They are available alone, or in a set with the rear guards.
T-Rex Racing 2014 - 2020 Honda CTX700 / CTX700N / DCT Engine Guard Crash Cages (t-rex-racing.com)

or here, with the rear guards also
T-Rex Racing 22014 - 2020 Honda CTX700 / CTX700N / DCT Engine Guard Crash Cage Luggage Guard Combo (t-rex-racing.com)

so, you see your choices and you take your chances.
I, as you can see, went for all of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts