CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the T-Rex Racing Frame sliders made by a local outfit here in Dallas. Installation was super easy & I like these better than the bars I've seen being advertised. 3 points of contact vs 2 on most of the bars offered. Certainly offers a different look than bars...may not be for everyone. $150 for the set. Anyone else opt for these?

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I had these, and they were just fine, but I am a little taller than most and they rubbed on my shins.
So I bought the T-Rex Racing 2012 - 2020 Honda CTX700 Engine Guard Crash Cages which have the same Sliders mounted father forward on the crash bars. So I get the safety the sliders provides, (keeping the bike off my leg if I ever go down again) plus the added protection of the crash bars. They protect the engine and me.
And I really like those rear guards from T-Rex Racing. Look how well they would protect my wife's leg if I ever fall again but with her on the back.
And, they probably would have kept the damage to my legs at a minimum when I went down with my first CTX700 2 1/2 years ago. I am a terrible picture taker, but can you see the engine guards, with these sliders mounted a good 12" father forward than the sliders themselves? And, can you see the pic with my wife on the back and how far the bag guards project? They provide a great deal of cover, are mounted at three different frame points. They also have sliders on them. I am sure I will never ever use them. I just do not ride where I would lean that much any more.
But T-Rex offers these as a set for one price. That might be a good choice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had these, and they were just fine, but I am a little taller than most and they rubbed on my shins.
So I bought the T-Rex Racing 2012 - 2020 Honda CTX700 Engine Guard Crash Cages which have the same Sliders mounted father forward on the crash bars. So I get the safety the sliders provides, (keeping the bike off my leg if I ever go down again) plus the added protection of the crash bars. They protect the engine and me.
And I really like those rear guards from T-Rex Racing. Look how well they would protect my wife's leg if I ever fall again but with her on the back.
And, they probably would have kept the damage to my legs at a minimum when I went down with my first CTX700 2 1/2 years ago. I am a terrible picture taker, but can you see the engine guards, with these sliders mounted a good 12" father forward than the sliders themselves? And, can you see the pic with my wife on the back and how far the bag guards project? They provide a great deal of cover, are mounted at three different frame points. They also have sliders on them. I am sure I will never ever use them. I just do not ride where I would lean that much any more.
But T-Rex offers these as a set for one price. That might be a good choice.

View attachment 86428 View attachment 86429
View attachment 86427 View attachment 86430
The bars add another $100+. I'm about 5'11", so I'm kinda in the sweet spot I suppose for positioning. I still got my Viking bags to hang..I see you have them also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts