CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost tipped over today( but didn't) and got me thinking about crash bars. anybody with the t-rex crash bars have an opinion? anybody actually fallen over on them and did they prevent major damage? any info appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I have them.
Interesting story. I bought the rear guards in 2017 and was going to install them on my Red CTX700 on my dayoff, November 30th. On November 29th I had a really bad accident. Much damage to my legs.
Well, I got a new Blue CTX700 (red apparently not my color) and I installed them right away. A few months later I got the front crash bars. And 3 weeks after I got those bars installed my daughter was helping her mother bring some stuff in through the garage and she bumped into my 1982 Yamaha XV920, it fell over into my CTX700 and it went down to the floor. Th bars allowed me to pick it up with no damage and no bad scratches.
I truly expect that if I had them on my Red bike when I crashed I would have avoided 8 months of healing for my legs.
Here are some pics of the set. It like them just fine. Look how they stick out beyond the bags and my wife's foot, and my feet are protected by the front.
Here they are
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Sky Tire Fuel tank Plant

and here is the link

T-Rex Racing 22014 - 2020 Honda CTX700 / CTX700N / DCT Engine Guard Crash Cage Luggage Guard Combo (t-rex-racing.com)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them.
Interesting story. I bought the rear guards in 2017 and was going to install them on my Red CTX700 on my dayoff, November 30th. On November 29th I had a really bad accident. Much damage to my legs.
Well, I got a new Blue CTX700 (red apparently not my color) and I installed them right away. A few months later I got the front crash bars. And 3 weeks after I got those bars installed my daughter was helping her mother bring some stuff in through the garage and she bumped into my 1982 Yamaha XV920, it fell over into my CTX700 and it went down to the floor. Th bars allowed me to pick it up with no damage and no bad scratches.
I truly expect that if I had them on my Red bike when I crashed I would have avoided 8 months of healing for my legs.
Here are some pics of the set. It like them just fine. Look how they stick out beyond the bags and my wife's foot, and my feet are protected by the front.
Here they are
View attachment 89488 View attachment 89489 View attachment 89490 View attachment 89491

and here is the link

T-Rex Racing 22014 - 2020 Honda CTX700 / CTX700N / DCT Engine Guard Crash Cage Luggage Guard Combo (t-rex-racing.com)
thanks for the info. i ordered a set this morning.

·
Registered
2016 CTX DCT
6 Posts
I have them also. Front and rear. My thoughts were if I have a slow speed layover, and my grandson was riding with me his ankles and feet would have some extra protection.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Almost tipped over today( but didn't) and got me thinking about crash bars. anybody with the t-rex crash bars have an opinion? anybody actually fallen over on them and did they prevent major damage? any info appreciated, thanks in advance.
On my 3rd day of ownership I tipped my 2018 CTX700D onto right side doing a slow speed turn-around in my driveway. The bike slid maybe 5 inched on cement. Only visible damage was the pretty black exhaust cover at the front of the muffler showed a couple minor scrapes and the right handlebar vibration damper had a very small gouge. Those bars are great for slow speed and I'm hoping to never test them at high speed - nice to have another layer of "protection" to the plastic bits but I know I can't trust them to keep me safe. My post re. the T-Rex Sliders and bars is here: Mystery Part. Ideas?.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seller gave me a brand new, in box.... front and rear full set of crash bar/sliders with the purchase of low mileage 2015 Honda CTX700 manual 6spd. Not sure if I will install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seller gave me a brand new, in box.... front and rear full set of crash bar/sliders with the purchase of low mileage 2015 Honda CTX700 manual 6spd. Not sure if I will install.
Might be a pain to install but they're great protection for life's little bumps and dings, IMHO.

Reactions: Harlan

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
T-Rex has the front engine guards in stock. The rear guards are out of stock. Get the front and put them on. In a month get the rear guards. You'll get to space out the installation and it won't seem so much work.
There you have it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts