CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the T-Rex center stand. Thank you all for your help in voluminous previous threads on the subject. Reading your input was immensely helpful. I found the hardest part was getting 17mm wrenches on nuts/bolts to tighten them sufficiently. Not nearly enough room for my torque wrench! Forget that noise! For the spring, I see many here used ratchet straps tied onto the rear wheel. My experience taught me that backing up my F250 to the back of the bike and strapping the ratchet strap onto its massive hitch was much easier. That actually made the spring portion of the install a snap. Anyways, thank you all for the good reads. I'm loving the T-Rex.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks to all for the suggestions on installing the T-Rex center stand; I just finish my installation and after watching the video from T-Rex, whoever’s putting on that double spring must resemble the Incredible Hulk!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spring Is Tough Part

I also just put on my T-Rex Center Stand couple weeks ago and wondered how that guy on the installation video snapped that spring on so easily.. It was a bear and definitely the hardest part. Took much persistence and trial/error..

Does makes oil change and chain lube so much easier...

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
No, the stopper and the bracket are included.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a bum back and finally gave up on hoisting my Gold Wing on to the CS. I invented an extension that really helped. I tried a CTX700 and find it impossible to deploy the CS (unknown brand). Do you folks with the T-rex find it difficult to lift the bike? I know all the technique advice, just can’t get around a strained lower back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a bum back and finally gave up on hoisting my Gold Wing on to the CS. I invented an extension that really helped. I tried a CTX700 and find it impossible to deploy the CS (unknown brand). Do you folks with the T-rex find it difficult to lift the bike? I know all the technique advice, just can’t get around a strained lower back.
[/QUOTE
This is my first center stand on a bike, that said once I placed my right foot on the stand, slightly pointed my foot rearward and firmly stepped I’d say 90 % of the work was done, then lifting some on the rear handle it lifts up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just installed the center stand on my ctx700dct last week. just tightened the hell out of the mount bolts and ratchet straps on the springs to the Ram hitch and no problem. But a little red fingernail polish on the right side bolt to watch for it backing off. With the 2 washers installed per instructions the bolt didn't reach into the self locking nut far enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts