CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Via Amazon, purchased @ $50- this week, a snap to install, decent readout size for these age 72 eyes. Not as pricey, nor highly rated as others, but seems to get job done. Nice design, decent quality, scheduled to last many moons on an EZ charge. Tire sensors include a lockwasher feature, hopefully, inhibiting theft. Imptly, individual tire temp readouts inc too, along with alarm warnings for both that & pressures. The monitor includes good mount, easily unscrewing from same... Considering a 4 wheel version for my ol sexy Lexy sc300 coupe.. Really Great to take big mystery out of rolling tire condition, a most Impt consideration on Any vehicle! KOOL!

·
Registered
801 Posts
next time you replace tires, be sure to install metal valve stems if you continue to run the screw on TPMS... the centripetal force can cause the valve stems to leak on you.

·
Registered
798 Posts
next time you replace tires, be sure to install metal valve stems if you continue to run the screw on TPMS... the centripetal force can cause the valve stems to leak on you.
As well as the batteries on these run out quickly. I have a similar set, liked them, but in the heat of tire running, the batteries did not last long. My unit locks on the stem requiring a tool to remove which is just another thing to carry and lose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I removed my sensors for this very reason. I found that I had to add 4-6lbs of air pressure during TCLOCS regularly. Very annoying! So I removed them. Just got a new set of rubber & honestly if you check with a gauge before riding..the sensor is not necessary. Never thought about adding metal stems when I got the new tires, but honestly it's one less gadget clustering up my handlebars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts