CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question in regard to supporting the bike to work on it.
I am looking to do minor mods-like adding led lights for directional and night time view ability by others.

I was wondering if a rear wheel lift arm/support that I have found on ebay for around $40 would be good enough to support the bike.

Thanks in advance

David

·
Registered
300 Posts
Lots of stand commentary within this forum. Plug in "rear stand" to search box and review the various internal links which pop up. I have a pit bull stand which uses the "center stand" mounts under the engine. Not all stands outthere will fit, so be wary of ebay offerings.

·
Registered
47 Posts
just get the center stand and be done with it! :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a question in regard to supporting the bike to work on it.
I am looking to do minor mods-like adding led lights for directional and night time view ability by others.

I was wondering if a rear wheel lift arm/support that I have found on ebay for around $40 would be good enough to support the bike.

Thanks in advance

David
Well that $40 stand just might support your bike, but you want to take that chance? Not that a $40 stand won't do, but you want to make sure that it will for sure. I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased the Pit-Bull stand they made specifically for the CTX. There are several other cheaper options, but I would be 100% sure that stand would work for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts