CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note to self: Don't put your mobile phone in the little storage pocket on the bike. It get's extremely HOT!

Reactions: ctxers

·
Registered
111 Posts
What happened? Did it fry your phone?

I do it all the time. So for no problems.

But, I generally don't ride for more than about half and hour at a time.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happened? Did it fry your phone?

I do it all the time. So for no problems.

But, I generally don't ride for more than about half and hour at a time.
Well it didn't fry it, but I could have fried an egg on it. I rode for about 30 minutes also, but I guess with it being 106 outside and the heat from the bike, made it get really not. It survived...

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
the batteries in phones (or any batteries ) don't like a lot of heat. Some could explode in my opinion. Be careful what you put there.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the batteries in phones (or any batteries ) don't like a lot of heat. Some could explode in my opinion. Be careful what you put there.
YUP, I knew that, just didn't think it would get that hot in the storage box. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
25 Posts
YUP, I knew that, just didn't think it would get that hot in the storage box. Lesson learned.
I've had my Red N for a few weeks now and I always put the phone in that storage compartment. I live in Northern IL just east of Rockford so our temps are nowhere near as hot as that but we've been in the nineties recently and I ridden a few times in that heat and the phone was almost cool to the touch when I got back after an hour or so.

Tony

·
Registered
84 Posts
My phone gets a bit hot when I'm puttering around town, but it stays relatively cool when I'm riding at speed. If I forget to remove the phone right after I stop the bike, it gets hot sitting in the compartment as the bike cools.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I took my phone out yesterday after a long ride it was mighty hot. I was debating if I should do it again.
Well, I'm only doing it again if it's just a quick short ride (less then 10 minutes).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My phone gets a bit hot when I'm puttering around town, but it stays relatively cool when I'm riding at speed. If I forget to remove the phone right after I stop the bike, it gets hot sitting in the compartment as the bike cools.
I've just decided to stick it in my jacket pocket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts