CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently a city near me has enacted a sound bylaw that restricts noise of any sort over 92db . I am sure that the stock exhaust on the 2014 CTX 700 is not that loud . Anyone know though, how loud they are in decibels ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quite enough to NOT be a bother to anybody around!!
Had a Harley speed past me the other day, me in the right lane - him in the left, and his bike was so loud my ears hurt inside my helmet!

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you are running the stock exhaust with no modifications to it then you should have nothing to worry about in terms of getting ticket or being fined noise or anything. Otherwise Honda would be getting sued left and right for selling a defective product that did not meet regulations. My old Kawasaki 750 Vulcan was the loudest stock bike that Kawasaki ever produced, it was quiet enough for the noise regulations but still way to loud for me. I literally traded it in for my CTX700 and love how quiet the Honda is by comparison.

This video may have the answers you are looking for:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Load a DB meter app on your phone and then you can measure it. The NIOSH one on the apple app store says accurate within 2 db and is free.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Super quiet bro nothing to worry about.

Too quiet actually, which is why I got me a shorty. A radiant shorty might break regulations but it’s not THAT loud.. I think? I’ve heard super loud Harleys like what ctxdock said

1 - 7 of 7 Posts