CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's how I used to do it..... not recommended for beginners.....

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow, at first glance I thought the bike had just been in an accident and pannier was in piece all over the road.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
What happened your bag started rubbing the tire? I always tell my wife no matter what you're doing if you let the smoke out of it it's hard to catch it all and put it back together.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always tell my wife no matter what you're doing if you let the smoke out of it it's hard to catch it all and put it back together.
:D

We were riding to Daytona bike week back in 1983. As you can tell.... I'm a slave to motorcycle fashion.... (actually..... the backpack on the tank was real comfortable to lean on.....) The red and white stuff sack was over the turbo boost exhaust pipe which never gets warm). I thought I had bungeed the other stuff sack high enough to keep it off the real exhaust pipe....... I......had...... not.......

The wind kept blowing the clothes back on fire, so I got the instamatic out and took a picture...... as you can probably see from the picture, my wife seems to be re-evaluating her judgement about the man she married..........

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I can guarantee my wife reevaluated me many times over the years. Looks like she thought you was a keeper though. When people ask her how she put up with me she tells them she just stuck around to see what I was gonna do next.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
My wife and I have been married for over 50 years now. When I got back into road riding, she called the insurance company to make sure I had enough life ins. She did the same thing when I bought my first Ranger bass boat, and when I started drag racing. Nice to know that she cares.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife and I have been married for over 50 years now. When I got back into road riding, she called the insurance company to make sure I had enough life ins. She did the same thing when I bought my first Ranger bass boat, and when I started drag racing. Nice to know that she cares.
"And just to confirm, this policy IS effective when he comes home today with the new motorcycle?" ;-)

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will say the trip worked out well..... we came back with a new tank bag and panniers from Daytona...... since then.....I've been trying to be more subtle in trying to get what I want......

My first wife passed about 10 years ago and I've since remarried. She is just starting to get into riding with me....... I probably take it easier on her...... :D

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
450 Posts
About 20 years ago my wife and I took a ride from Maryland to Asheville, NC, packed up much like you. The load was fine, until we got rained on: The extra weight pulled the load off of the top rack, but I couldn't see it past the top box. Next thing I know, my wife is hitting my arm and pointing to the pack, dragging on the ground behind us...

Nothing was lost, but everything was soaked. We had to make an early stop for the night, and the next morning, backtracked our route to get to a laundromat to dry everything out (including the bag) and re-pack it.

We've taken nothing but day-trips since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts