CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding for a summer on the stock seat, I knew I'd need to upgrade to something more comfortable. I went on a 100 mile poker run, and was in quite a bit of pain well before we were done. My spine and tailbone were screaming.

I've seen thoughtful recommendations for seats here but after buying the bike and the side cases, I was going to have to wait to upgrade the seat.

I got lucky over the winter. Someone was selling a standard Corbin, intending to replace it with a Corbin low. I got a reasonable deal.

I've finally gotten the chance to ride this spring, and this seat is a dream, even in some unexpected ways. First, my tailbone and spine no longer complain about riding. I'm tall, at 5'9", with a longer inseam of 33 or 34. I have no problem flat footing both feet at a stop.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the way my feet hit the foot pegs was greatly improved and a much better fit. Because I sit a bit higher and further back, I no longer have to flex my ankle to keep from hitting the rear brake. It's a much better, more natural angle, and I have no problem hitting the rear brake when I want to.

FYI, my CTX is a 2014, so I think that the stock seats were farther back than the ones after that year.
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I've had the same great experience with mine, Jennifer.:D(y)

Reactions: Cleveland Jennifer

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
633 Posts
Yes, Honda pushed the stock seats forward after 2014, to be more comfortable for the lady riders they were courting. When I bought my 2016, my legs were splayed out in front of me, and I had to learn to relax my legs to avoid over-straining my thighs. I traded for a 2014 seat later, but didn't find full comfort until I traded for a Corbin with the waterfall set further back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After riding for a summer on the stock seat, I knew I'd need to upgrade to something more comfortable. I went on a 100 mile poker run, and was in quite a bit of pain well before we were done. My spine and tailbone were screaming.

I've seen thoughtful recommendations for seats here but after buying the bike and the side cases, I was going to have to wait to upgrade the seat.

I got lucky over the winter. Someone was selling a standard Corbin, intending to replace it with a Corbin low. I got a reasonable deal.

I've finally gotten the chance to ride this spring, and this seat is a dream, even in some unexpected ways. First, my tailbone and spine no longer complain about riding. I'm tall, at 5'9", with a longer inseam of 33 or 34. I have no problem flat footing both feet at a stop.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the way my feet hit the foot pegs was greatly improved and a much better fit. Because I sit a bit higher and further back, I no longer have to flex my ankle to keep from hitting the rear brake. It's a much better, more natural angle, and I have no problem hitting the rear brake when I want to.

FYI, my CTX is a 2014, so I think that the stock seats were farther back than the ones after that year. View attachment 89493

FYI, my CTX is a 2014, so I think that the stock seats were farther back than the ones after that year. View attachment 89493
I love my standard Corbin. Works for me even though I’m 6’4”.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts