CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled my tank with fresh gas and Sta-Bil a few weeks ago, figuring the riding season was about over. I have a trickle charger but had planned to start her up at least once a month, whether or not I get rained on.

However, the weather has been tolerable. The first and second consecutive tanks of gas with Sta-Bil added has come and gone. Now on tank three. Is there a limit on how long I can keep running the gas/Sta-Bil mix or should I switch to regular gas until it's really, really to crappy to ride? There's nothing on the bottle about prolonged use...

Anyone else in this situation?

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Plus a teaspoon a day keeps you regular!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have used the Marine Stabil for the last 10 years on a daily basis. to date have not had a problem with carbs or FI. Wallacem in Ga.

Reactions: PA Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just curious. Why marine type and not regular?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Vapor. Check out their web site for their explanation.

I was a vendor to Gold Eagle in the 1980s They were a great bunch of people with whom to do business and I suspect they still are.

!995 to about 2010 I ran twin GM 502s developing just under 400hp each. I used StaBil and StaBil Marine regularly. Before storing the boat for the Wisconsin winter I would top off the 380 gal fuel tanks. Thats all I ever did that was fuel/air related. Was it the StaBil that kept things humming? Maybe.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jcf77320 thanks for the link. Tallman, I hope you had locking gas caps. How long does it take to pump 380 gallons, assuming the tanks were empty? Wow...

Now - to add some to my coffee...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts