CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
We lived for 5 years in Derwood, near Gaithersburg, and worked in Rockville. MD in the spring was always great.

We need the rain now in Sacramento County, but in the meantime it was 75 today. Rode to lunch with my sweetie today and then to Trader Joe's, so I can't complain too hard about the weather.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
It was over 60 degrees and it felt like spring! Out came the bike and 30 miles later it was an even better day! Just a perfect ride1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDtQZh6z6Ts

Jimmy H.

AKA Spirit IV
Jimmy, how did the new MRA windscreen perform on the first ride, in comparison to the Puig touring windscreen you had last year? Looking forward to your comments.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is definitely different than the Puig Universal Touring 2. The wind is deflected to mid helmet for me at 5' 11" and it made 75 MPH comfortable but a bit more helmet noise than the Puig. I must say that I have never been on the bike, now at 6,400 miles for more than an hour plus at highway speeds. So I can't tell you how it would be for a full day ride, but for my riding style it works and I really like the look and how it attached to the bike! It's a keeper for me!

Jimmy H.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It was over 60 degrees and it felt like spring! Out came the bike and 30 miles later it was an even better day! Just a perfect ride1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDtQZh6z6Ts

Jimmy H.

AKA Spirit IV
Same here in Wyoming....at least for a few wonderful days, a couple of rides and then snow....our first ride is this Sat. and it is suppose to be in the 30s to 40s....well that's March for ya.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Speaking of Spring Rides, I was in San Antonio last week, and took a few of my business associates out for a ride, courtesy of Club Eaglerider, and Cowboy's Alamo City H-D. Some Eaglerider locations are starting to include Honda's (Africa Twins and Rebel 500's), but this location was solid H-D. I can't say enough about this dealership. They went out of their way to welcome us, and make sure that we had a great experience. All the equipment was brand new 2019, and 2020 models. I had a Heritage with the 114" M-8 engine, we also had a Street Glide with a 107 M-8, a Road King with a 114" M-8, and a Fat Boy with a 114" M-8. All of our group was impressed with the improvements that H-D has made in engine smoothness, power, ride quality, and handling. Even so, if there was a different location in town with G-W's, RT1250's, Vulcan's, or V-stars, I think they would have gotten our business.

If you find your self in San Antonio, stop by Cowboy's H-D and say "Hi" to the Rental Manager, Rob Hummer. or the Parts Manager, Jamie Lee. Jamie accompanied us out to New Braunfels, to show us the back roads, and would up staying with us for the afternoon. We got a lot of local lore from him and we were happy that he Road Captained our group.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts