CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically asian motorcycles, scooters have an inherent inaccuracy of about 10% between indicated speed and actual speed (indicated being less).

I wonder if this difference continues with the CTX's electronic speedometer..?

Your thoughts, experiences?

... Lennie

·
Registered
549 Posts
Guys, I claim to be almost an "authority" on this matter. When I bought my CTX700DCT, I immediately noticed the speedometer was about 10% SLOW, meaning that the bike was going faster than the speedometer showed. That is oposite to the normal problem of speedometers being about 4-10% FAST. I had a big fight with Honda but eventually won and they replaced the entire speedometer unit and sending unit on the engine. It fixed the problem and now the bike is dead on accurate. Even the odometer is spot on also. It is the only bike I have ever owned that is so accurate. Wallacem in Ga.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just a friendly reminder to the newbies, please use the search function to find existing threads on your area of interest before starting a new one.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a friendly reminder to the newbies, please use the search function to find existing threads on your area of interest before starting a new one.
I think most of us do... but keep in mind, there are HUNDREDS of threads to wade through - sometimes more expedient, and appropriate to start a new one.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
The electronic digital speedometer on the CTX is extremely accurate for the vast majority of owners. Its tied directly to the ABS system for those who have the DCT version and the PCM that controls the DCT requires accurate speed readings to function properly. The manual version is mounted with the same speedometer system.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
I just checked my speedometer go my gps the other day and my speedo is dead-on. I was doing 65 mph and my gps was at 65 mph. I like that this bike's speedo is so accurate.

Reactions: quietguy

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I concur - all my prior Asian machines have all been inaccurate so riding adjustments were required.

It's really nice to know your indicated and actual match...

·
Registered
6 Posts
If one rode to the speed limit using the bikes speed you would never be booked, as its alway > 5kmh less than the signed limits.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think mine is broken, it showed I hit 130 top speed for a few seconds and also showed that I was doing 125-127 in Death Valley for a long while. I know what I’ve seen with my own two eyes the question remains was it accurate? My experience was beyond the 10% error ratio and I’m still trying to figure it out. My main objective now to to attempt to recreate those exact conditions and press record on my GoPro. I’ve had two oil changes since then and my bike seems to be topping out at 95mph now days. It feels like someone put the brakes on all the sudden. I can feel the bike running slower when attempting to push it to higher top speeds as previously experienced.
6th gear used to continue climbing at 95mph and now it’s crawling beyond that. My midrange power feels like I’m getting way more than i ever used to when I was hitting higher top speeds 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 11 of 11 Posts