CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I first got her at 8000 miles. I purchased her from a private owner at the MOST stealable price: $3200. Incredible! 2014 Honda CTX700. Manual transmission. She was the first motorcycle I ever purchased and formally ridden (started out on a ninja 650 and fell over a few times while stable). I was deathly scared and thought I was going super fast at 35 mph. Took me about 4 hours to get comfortable at switching gears. Took her out on the road the next day to wean myself into traffic. After the week I owned the world and developed a new passion:

After some visual mods including the eyebrow light, under lights, LED headlight. Also installed a shorty muffler. She sounds meaner and looks nicer! I can dim the lights pretty dim to give it a nice ambient look. Not sure why I set the brights too high for these pictures:

Before installing the visual mods, a buddy and i drove down 30 miles just for a smoothie. It was a VERY hot day (95 F) and a smoothie sounded nice. He took his rebel 300. We both got pretty brown and I was itching my arms the next two days. I realized that I should probably invest in some gear…

Oh man… My other friend’s dual sport is a lot taller than I thought. Are all of these that high? Shoot man I can swear that these have a seat height of 34 or more. I don’t know.. I have a 32 inch inseam. Anyway he kept pestering me to get on it and I literally felt like I was sideways. Boy did I realize that I probably should do some more leg workouts. I don’t see myself on a dual sport. Very cool of him to ride with me though! He took it out of storage after not riding it for a year just to celebrate my new purchase at the time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome. Take your time and make sure you feel comfortable riding. I went thru a motorcycle safety course in Ca after my son bought his MC and went thru it. May I suggest if you are going to ride with a short sleeve shirt, purchase some UV protection arm sleeves. They are cheap and tha's what my dermatologist suggested. Enjoy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. Take your time and make sure you feel comfortable riding. I went thru a motorcycle safety course in Ca after my son bought his MC and went thru it. May I suggest if you are going to ride with a short sleeve shirt, purchase some UV protection arm sleeves. They are cheap and tha's what my dermatologist suggested. Enjoy.
Thank you! I got a year under my belt as of last month and I definitely could say I’m a lot more aware and self vigilant. Definitely not perfect and too far from it. I look forward to it all!
Thank you for the suggestion, I’ve looked into some lately as I’m getting tired of using sunscreen… lol. They have some nice arm sleeves on the SA company website store but I’m not too sure if they are UV protection.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought mine off amazon. I won't ride without now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you install the back rest carrier assembly onto it? Did you encounter any issues with the install? Did it line up correctly? Did you just attach it under the saddlebag to the rail with the existing hardware? Been wanting to install one of those and seen them on EBAY.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Great looking bike, glad you're taking your time getting accustomed to it! You should learn and practice as much as possible, a good rider will try to learn as much as he can, it may take many years to absorb so much knowledge. You may like learning from watching videos, MC Rider and doodle on a motorcycle are 2 of my favorites, there's many more, one of them; Ride like a Pro may inspire you to take some in person classes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts