CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a 4 day trip to Vermont. Used the Cortech 2.0 Saddlebags with a GIVI 40 Liter Waterproof Duffel. Put the rain covers on the saddlebags and everything stayed dry in some heavy downpours. Rained a lot of the time and the rain covers didn't come off on the highway with some heavy winds. Plenty of storage even for a week or more. I normally have the Cortech 2.0 tail bag on with the saddlebags but swapped out the tail bag with a GIVI 40 Liter bag for this trip.
Luggage - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sweet! Was it difficult to attach the saddle bags to the bike? I have to Cortech 2.0 tail bag, but looking to get saddle bags and the Kriega 20 Liter bag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just put the bags on this weekend

I just attached the bags this weekend. Took about 30 minutes to strap them on after a few different configurations. I use the close ring for both straps because I was worried the strap may slid off the open rear ring. I'll be checking the straps often to be sure they stay secure.

I have the black ND and I thick it looks good. I'll probably add some reflective tape to the rear of the bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just came back from a 4 day trip to Vermont. Used the Cortech 2.0 Saddlebags with a GIVI 40 Liter Waterproof Duffel. Put the rain covers on the saddlebags and everything stayed dry in some heavy downpours. Rained a lot of the time and the rain covers didn't come off on the highway with some heavy winds. Plenty of storage even for a week or more. I normally have the Cortech 2.0 tail bag on with the saddlebags but swapped out the tail bag with a GIVI 40 Liter bag for this trip.
Luggage - a set on Flickr
Did you have to remove the grab handles to use the Cortech 2.0 Saddlebags?

·
Registered
167 Posts
The ctx700n does not come with the grab handles, so unless they were installed later, I am guessing they did not have them

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ah, OK. I have the DCT model, so mine came with the handles. Can't find a local store that has them in stock, otherwise, I would just take my bike and try them out. Didn't want to order them and then they not fit without having to take the handles off.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts