CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With working from home and many places closed/activities cancelled or postponed, I’m tired of staying home (Note: I am healthy and not quarantined). As such I was able to get my CTX700N out for a solo ride today. It was cold for Seattle (mid 40s), very gusty, but the sun was shining! I was out for about an hour. There as not much traffic, except down by Alki beach, where it seems many people have realized they can safely cruise the scenic drive as there were many folks out in their hot rods. There were a couple of motorcycles out (limited by the cold temps/strong wind gusts). I still felt safe with a full face helmet, winter riding gloves and keeping at least 6 feet separation. Keep safe and keep riding.

·
Registered
993 Posts
howdy from spokane where there is snow on the ground though i think it has melted from the road and froze as ice last night. i've been looking at the forecast for 50 degree weather in a couple days and thinking that if the fuel station is open, i'll do a little red streaking in the sunshine. uh, red honda streakin' ya know.

i was on the last cruise ship allowed to dock and disembark passengers in australia last week, then flew through exLAX and
to spokane so am kinda hoping to stay mostly home-unsocial distance-while digesting any buggyviralstuff possibly donated to me from the many sick people on the cruise ship. a few wonderfully friendly people have thanked me already for not coming to visit them.
ken

·
Registered
160 Posts
I hope I never have to ride in snow (like the clip posted by Doyle). that said as long as roads are dry - the ctx is a great antidote for boredom!

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's the same across the country. Schools closed, all events cancelled, shelves at supermarkets empty. One step away from closing all travel in and out of states and in and out of the country. Expect the Canadian border to close by end of march, early April and of course the market is crashing.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
323 Posts
I was forced into social distancing: My contract was closed a month early, so I'm unemployed thanks to the "crisis."

I took advantage on Friday and took a ride, but the midpoint was a favorite restaurant, where I had lunch. Can't eat at the restaurants now, but I can still ride, I could always pick up takeout and eat in a park somewhere, then circle home.

Regardless, it looks like I'll have plenty of time to ride for awhile.

·
Registered
993 Posts
howdy
yup, a few days of this is an adventure. more than that is---more than that.
i do feel for those having to make drastic changes with seemingly few choices.
ken

·
Registered
145 Posts
From tomorrow here is a state of emergency. The government has decision making power in all issues it sees to be necessary. All borders are closed, all people over 70 are in quarantine, including me. I don't know when I am able to take my bike out of the winter storage. Funny, some Russians who study here and can't travel to Russia and back told to media that this is Trump's conspiracy. Usually they are sane people.

·
Registered
85 Posts
From tomorrow here is a state of emergency. The government has decision making power in all issues it sees to be necessary. All borders are closed, all people over 70 are in quarantine, including me. I don't know when I am able to take my bike out of the winter storage. Funny, some Russians who study here and can't travel to Russia and back told to media that this is Trump's conspiracy. Usually they are sane people.

I'm glad you said they are "usually" sane. If they used common sense, they would ask: why would President Trump do anything to wreck the US economy, especially in an election year.

·
Registered
145 Posts

I'm glad you said they are "usually" sane. If they used common sense, they would ask: why would President Trump do anything to wreck the US economy, especially in an election year.
It is hard to say was it just a joke (yes, it is common to read Trump jokes), or was she/he serious, because sanctions against Russia has led to a negative propaganda and attitudes against USA in Russia. Of course the Corona virus is bad news to Trump especially just now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry you can't ride for now Mauri-hopefully NY will continue to allow us OG's to ride pick-up on-line food orders, prescriptions, gas, etc., even if only for kicks and giggles.

·
Registered
218 Posts
howdy from spokane where there is snow on the ground though i think it has melted from the road and froze as ice last night. i've been looking at the forecast for 50 degree weather in a couple days and thinking that if the fuel station is open, i'll do a little red streaking in the sunshine. uh, red honda streakin' ya know.

i was on the last cruise ship allowed to dock and disembark passengers in australia last week, then flew through exLAX and
to spokane so am kinda hoping to stay mostly home-unsocial distance-while digesting any buggyviralstuff possibly donated to me from the many sick people on the cruise ship. a few wonderfully friendly people have thanked me already for not coming to visit them.
ken
Sending you the best and healing wishes.

·
Registered
993 Posts
howdy and thanks ruby for the good wishes. i do usually get bronchitis with changes in weather which occured in triplicate as i went from snow on the ground here to early fall hot in australia and new zealand then back to snowing and now early spring weather some temps in the mid fifties. i'm trying to decide whether to chance getting a bit chilled riding tomorrow but probably will to "blow the stink off" as my dearly departed Father might have said. i agreed mostly with him until he questioned why i bought a new white gl1100 in '81 instead of proper black as a motorcycle should be. he was even more shocked when i put all white vetter 4 fairing , bags and top box on it and rode all over the western states with it.
ken

1 - 15 of 15 Posts