CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First street bike i ever had was a Harley Davidson Nighttrain, Then i got myself a Victory Kingpin.. Now nmany years later got this ctx and i enjoy the fact that it sits like my cruisers, but can turn like a sport bike. ended up throwing a pair of shinko raven tires on it and find myself dragging the exhaust occasionally.

Anyway love the bike glad i snagged mine.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Music to my ears! :)
Where are you based and, more importantly, where are you dragging the exhaust?
Colorado Springs Colorado
And in reards to exhaust it's either that or something else behind me on that side that's metal, no visible damage thus far but it's right hander on my way to work. Shrug it's fine if I just curb my enthusiasm

· Registered
74 Posts
First street bike i ever had was a Harley Davidson Nighttrain, Then i got myself a Victory Kingpin.. Now nmany years later got this ctx and i enjoy the fact that it sits like my cruisers, but can turn like a sport bike. ended up throwing a pair of shinko raven tires on it and find myself dragging the exhaust occasionally.

Anyway love the bike glad i snagged mine.
I currently have a Victory Kingpin, also the Cross Country, and the faired CTX 700 dct. I also enjoy the relaxing cruiser stance, and you are correct on how easy it turns in. When these battlax tires wear down, I too will put the Shinkos on, they have great grip and are cost effective. I have run them on 2 different Honda Magnas and a Honda Valkyrie with very favorable results.

· Registered
21 Posts
I agree with all the comments....I have 4 other bikes, all much bigger,so I bought this just to be able to get that feel of a smaller more nimble bike that I could enjoy. I was looking for a bike that when Im riding, Im thinking more about the ride then the motorcycle. Im old enough to remember when except for the Harleys, the honda 750 and triumph 750s were about the biggest bikes out there. I also like the automatic tranny! I wish Honda could make a 1000cc cruiser that weighed under 500lbs!

· Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
737 Posts
...I was looking for a bike that when Im riding, Im thinking more about the ride then the motorcycle...
Yup, that's me too. That's why the CTX700DCT is great for my day-trips, and more enjoyable than any other bike I've had.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts