CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took about eight hours and alot of taping but the new paint came out perfect. When the light hits it just right you are dazzled. Silver to black with a gold pearl then green flake to shine.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Very nice. Billions and billions of stars :)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Nice job. Really making it yours!!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
very nicely done.

I was impressed when I saw the photos. Looking at pic #1, I don't recall seeing a nice bright blue CTX, sort of like the blue that the old Kawi Vulcan Customs used to come in. Anyone seen a CTX that colour?

·
Super Moderator
3,171 Posts
Single stage or base and clear? Looks really very good. Nice job!
I doubt seriously that it was a single stage. But if it was, then I want to know exactly what was used, so I can get it for the eventual re-paint of TMB II!:eek:

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Single stage or base and clear? Looks really very good. Nice job!
I doubt seriously that it was a single stage. But if it was, then I want to know exactly what was used, so I can get it for the eventual re-paint of TMB II!/forum/images/CTX700Forum_2015/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png
It was a two stage black with gold pearl coat then after two base coats I did a single clear with 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of green flake. Followed up with two more clear coat levels so to get an even lay.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
It looks good but I'm just guessing those pictures don't show it justice. I like to see different and there's a few on here that has done a good job doing that, then there's Bob and his Thing Ma Bob I just wait around to see what he and it are doing next.🤑🤑😁

Bryan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts