CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was recently looking to get something to help with parking on softer ground and such. I am curious if anyone has found something like this made for the ctx?

https://www.amazon.com/Kickstand-En...&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=side+stand+support+nm4

I am not sure how different the kickstands are, and whether a different bike uses the same setup.
+ 3 on the Madstad kickshoe....I feel safe parking anywhere now.
I also have the Madstad shoe on my Ctx700D and have no problems with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Instead of spending $60.00 US, (I'm in Canada) to give the side stand a bigger foot print, I had welded a 1/8 inch pad to the shoe. The pad is same shape as shoe but is 1/2 inch wider all around than the shoe and it still folds up properly without interference. Be sure to disconnect battery on the bike if you are having this arc welded! Paint it black and good to go.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Search the site and you'll find why the madstad is more expensive. Unique design to try and prevent tipping which can occur from some pads adding too much thickness and causing issues when ground slightly higher on left .

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
68 Posts
On infrequent times where I park on soft ground or hot asphalt, I use a kickstand pad similar to the one Revzilla sells. I have a string tied to it and loop the other end across my handlebar so that when I'm ready to depart, I pick it up and stow it in the compartment on the gas tank. Easy to use.

Reactions: Ruby
1 - 12 of 12 Posts