CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
A much cheaper rout would be to find a set of either Bestem a 2012 (42 liter) or 929 (46 liter) top cases to mount. Neither is available new, but they are usually available used in good condition. With the mounting plate attached to the jfc brackets, the boxes can be easily removed. I have less than $250 invested in my set-up, and close to 30,000 miles trouble free service.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My tailbag holds two styrofoam dinner plates full of wings and pulled pork all the time. Side bags you have to turn everting sideways
But then don't you get BBQ sauce on your gloves and handlebars? :D

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
@Athena - I just ordered the Shad side set S36 with the CTX-specific P3 mount (and the inner bags for good measure) direct from the Shad USA site (the link you posted - thank you).

I would have ordered from Revzilla - but they didn't have quite the variety (one of the options are cases with a red reflector), and right now, Shad USA is running a 20% off discount - code "SPRING20".

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
@Athena - I just ordered the Shad side set S36 with the CTX-specific P3 mount (and the inner bags for good measure) direct from the Shad USA site (the link you posted - thank you).

I would have ordered from Revzilla - but they didn't have quite the variety (one of the options are cases with a red reflector), and right now, Shad USA is running a 20% off discount - code "SPRING20".
You're welcome. On of the benefits to the cases is that the bags act as a crash guard keeping the bike off the ground about 20 degrees if dropped. Also easy to remove from the brackets.

·
Registered
940 Posts
It looks like most of the options are already presented. I'm partial to the Shads as that is what I have. Together with the inner bags, they work very well. The inner bags keep everything together and make loading easy, and you don't have to worry about things spilling out.

Knowing how you want to use them and what you would put into them can affect your choice. The 3P system for Shad is also quite smart, easy to install or take off, and are not that wide (definitely wider than OEM, but more functionality too).

As to the speed of the various colours of bikes, the first CTX I saw was red with but I find the white ones look really sharp and fast, with the contrast with the black on most of the bike (I'm stuck with an all black version). Flames anyone?

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
It looks like most of the options are already presented. I'm partial to the Shads as that is what I have. Together with the inner bags, they work very well. The inner bags keep everything together and make loading easy, and you don't have to worry about things spilling out.

Knowing how you want to use them and what you would put into them can affect your choice. The 3P system for Shad is also quite smart, easy to install or take off, and are not that wide (definitely wider than OEM, but more functionality too).

As to the speed of the various colours of bikes, the first CTX I saw was red with but I find the white ones look really sharp and fast, with the contrast with the black on most of the bike (I'm stuck with an all black version). Flames anyone?
By all means, the right flames on an all black will be a knockout! Go for it!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Well, the Shad cases showed up -- along with the mounts -- now installed. Still waiting for the add-on red reflector and the soft inside bags. Almost there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I opted for versatile fitting bags that were easy ON and easy OFF, but yet high quality. They are leather with interior rigid supports that prevent collapsing.

SAM_0027.JPG
SAM_0033.JPG

21 - 28 of 28 Posts