CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a top case (made from a gun case) for storage. At 75 it's tough to swing my leg up and over so I'd like to switch to side cases and I might as well get something large enough to take my helmet (just under 10" wide). I can probably fab the necessary support brackets but would appreciate suggestions for either soft or hard side cases.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Shad or Givi will be your best bets to be able to store a helmet and have their own mounting brackets. If you go with the generic cheaper cases similar to Mutazu or even worse quality from the eBay knockoffs then the "JFC Bracketz" (search the forum here for how to order) will be your best bet for mounting. The naked model will also require the inner supports (that you should already have since you have a top box mounted).

·
Registered
414 Posts
to swing or not?

Side or top cases, sometime before my new left hip, I began mounting from the right: lifting/pushing my left leg straight over the front of my seat. With CTX, I have oem side cases, new left hip & still mount that way. You might check JFC Bracketz (as mentioned) for side case options, if necessary.
Hope this helps.;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I currently have a top case (made from a gun case) for storage. At 75 it's tough to swing my leg up and over so I'd like to switch to side cases and I might as well get something large enough to take my helmet (just under 10" wide). I can probably fab the necessary support brackets but would appreciate suggestions for either soft or hard side cases.
+ 1 on the Shad side cases...I have the Shad 36 and I love them....they will hold a full face helmet and keep the bike up if you should drop it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
+ 1 on the Shad side cases...I have the Shad 36 and I love them....they will hold a full face helmet and keep the bike up if you should drop it.
I too recommend the SH36 side cases. If you get the inner bags, it makes it a lot easier to pack for touring, and you don't have to worry about things falling out when you open the case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts