CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you don't mind me asking but 1.66m with an inseam somewhere between 29-30cm. I just wondered if this is a tad short to be riding the ctx700. Any other riders this height or shorter good with the high knee and hip angles?

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
1.66M equals 5'5" in US measurements.
I think you mean 29-30" inseam not 29-30cm.

I'm under 5'4"with a 29" inseam and never had any problems.

If you want more comfort for long rides, get the Kuryakyn floorboards with splined adapters. Plenty of threads on the forum with suggestions of where to buy them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry yes you spotted my deliberate mistake my inseam is 29-30 inches and the bike does have the stock seat I believe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please Can I Check the specific tried and tested floorboard addons people on the forum have used as checking on prices and locations.

·
Registered
722 Posts
8" Kuryakyn #4357 with #8815 spline adapter is my recommendation. Available many places, but not cheap.

Reactions: Jedi Leba

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
227 Posts
Please Can I Check the specific tried and tested floorboard addons people on the forum have used as checking on prices and locations.
8" Kuryakyn #4357 with #8815 spline adapter is my recommendation. Available many places, but not cheap.
Not cheap, but worth it. I had planned on getting boards anyway, but spending just a few days on stock pegs was a few days too many. But your size and leg length is a bit smaller/shorter than mine - you probably wouldn’t be putting as much pressure on them as I was.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
howdy
i also have the shorter inseam though am 5' 11 or so and rode a few thousand on the stock pegs before springing for the floorboards mentioned above. night and day difference especially on 400 plus mile days. being able to move around and support a bit more of my not negligable weight over pre-announced bumps was wonderful.
ken

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys done and ordered 😁. Ok so now can anyone recommend engine crash bars / sliders to protect the side of the bike should it go over please?

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
227 Posts
R-Gaza are good, as are t-Rex. R-Gaza can be found on Amazon and fit either naked or faired. I have them and like them over the look of the t-Rex, but that’s just me. I understand both to be a fairly easy install.

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I possibly was also looking at some trex frame sliders but the cost of shipping is $280 to Australia 😔

·
Registered
722 Posts
Try Ebay or contact them directly:

I dealt with Denis, and he was very responsive. They ship from St.Petersburg, Russia

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks tl I'm collating prices from trex crazy iron and rGaza at the moment the shipping costs are eye watering in some cases

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
You can lower the bike with a lowering link, and get an adjustable kick stand. I did that to mine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks tl I'm collating prices from trex crazy iron and rGaza at the moment the shipping costs are eye watering in some cases
I am 5' 4" with a 29" inseam. The CTX700 (manual) was the bike I learned to ride on. At the beginning, I sucked riding by any standard. That said, I would personally avoid the crash bars. Yes, they offer your bike some protection. But the CTX700 has a very low center of gravity. With a decent set of tires, given its weight and tame engine, it generally doesn't have any issues falling over while in motion unless you do something stupid, or have a mental lapse in judgement. I would just practice, practice, practice if you can find a quite rural byway or large parking lot, and avoid driving faster than you should on very curvy roads in bad weather or with poor road surfaces.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts