CTX 700 Forum banner

Guess how many miles are on this rear tire.

• 8,000 miles

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 12,000 miles

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 18,000 miles

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 25,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just did rear tire and rear bearings and seals. This Shinko is awesome in the cold and wet. It also got a lot of miles. The front looks like new. I could have gone much further as you can see but I was just starting to get level with the wear indicators. I had a free couple of hours so I decided to swap it out early.

I'll let you know how many miles soon. See if you can guess!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I won't leave you guys in any more suspense. I got 18,600 miles on that tire and if I wanted to push it I'm sure 20,000 would be possible. This is a very meaty tire. If you want to save money you can't be blowing it on new rear tires every 4k miles. I average 85mph on the freeway too so I wasn't going easy on it.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
680 Posts
Good to keep in mind... after being garaged for a year, my tires are a little out of round and I may be replacing them early.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I guess I won't leave you guys in any more suspense. I got 18,600 miles on that tire and if I wanted to push it I'm sure 20,000 would be possible. This is a very meaty tire. If you want to save money you can't be blowing it on new rear tires every 4k miles. I average 85mph on the freeway too so I wasn't going easy on it.
Thanks for the update on the Raven tires.I just put new ones on and I hope I get the mileage that you did.I have 800 miles on them now and I ride my bike very easy.jasperj

·
Registered
9 Posts
this makes me feel better about my purchase. I bought the ravens because the reviews were good and it said they werelong lasting. I hope I get as many miles out of them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts