CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was noticing the way the switch for the heated grips hangs over the grip and wondered if it gets in your way when manually shifting the DCT. I really want the grips and will manually shift 99% of the time. I believe I have my Super Tenere sold and hope to pick my CTX700D on Saturday.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I took delivery of my CTX yesterday but did not get it with any accessories but am considering heated grips at a later date.

Can someone post a picture of the switch for the OEM heated grips so that I can visualize what the OP is referring to?

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I took delivery of my CTX yesterday but did not get it with any accessories but am considering heated grips at a later date.

Can someone post a picture of the switch for the OEM heated grips so that I can visualize what the OP is referring to?
Grefsfc, what did you end up buying? I was looking for an update on the other thread. Post a few pics if you have time.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thanks for asking Ceeteex. I got just what I wanted and I got it Saturday, August 17. A red, standard, fairing model CTX700. Got it home Saturday afternoon.

I've been waiting to post about the bike, because my camera died and I've not ridden it but 3.3 miles, and I've been busy helping my brother with a project.

I called the next day after the confusing email, and the salesman told me that he did mean that he had the white ones and no red ones but that now he had even better news...he got a truck in Thursday night, and it had a red one on there. So I picked it up Saturday morning. Even better news, they gave me a great price. $7200 and no dealer fees; just state and local taxes, state title fee, and registration added to that price. I left happy! Finally!

I know everyone has been saying that it is smooth and feels really light riding and pushing around, but I was still not prepared for how good it is in those two areas. Absolutely no vibration, and it feels no heavier than my scooter that was 100 lbs lighter. I'm also amazed at how comfortable the riding position is for me. Much better than the Yamaha I've been riding as a learner bike and even better than the BV350 scooter.

What I didn't like was the wind push on the highway. I've got a Shoei Quest Helmet ordered from the dealer. Maybe that will make things tolerable. I wear leather steel toe work boots when I ride, and I found that the boot was too thick to easily move my foot in and out of the shifter area. No problem with my right foot though. I'll have to work on something different for that problem. Everything else seems super cool so far. Very easy to ride even for a an almost beginner.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
OUTSTANDING. That is a great price! We have the exact same bike, mine /wife's is VIN 19. I had a small hiccup at first (defective clutch switch) but that is all fixed now. My wife absolutely loves hers. I added Kury mini boards, the tall Honda shield, and just order a set of Rox Risers as her reach is a little short and she wanted a little more bend in the elbows. Eventually we will order the bags.

I have not looked but if the shift lever is splined you should be able to adjust it. It is a smooth bike, I rode hers back 300 miles home from the dealer. I normally ride a Concours 14 and the suspension on the CTX was comfortable to me. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
The service manual calls for 9.72 inches between ball joint bases but if you loosed each nut you can get a different height on the lever that might work well with your boots. just remember one is right hand thread and one is left hand thread. Make small changes and you should get it. I wear boots the they don't have steel toes but work at stock setting alright for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts