CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got her home. Here is a shot of her at the dealer and on the trailer in my garage.

Took her for a quick test ride and all was good. Due to the heavy rain/winds and 100 miles from home I decided to trailer her home instead of riding.

Hoping weather breaks today so I can get some miles in.

Ordered the Cee Bailey screen today.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's the exact one I was wanting, congrats!

·
Banned
463 Posts
It's only 70 today. A little cool but I'll survive.
This is why half of SD comes to AZ for the winter.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have ridden CA 395 south from Carson City all the way to Lone Pine (on a 4 day Death Valley trip this February) in 25' weather. I wore multiple layers under a First Gear Thermosuit, pockets full of those chemical hand warmers from Big 5, with Hippohands over NON heated grips (decent winter gloves), and a balaclava AND a scarf. Ride when it's cold and enjoy yourself!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I lived in Jersey I rode all year. Lowest was 18 degrees all day ride. I was younger and had some heated gear. Now I'm older and set the limit at 40 degrees. Just don't enjoy the cold riding anymore. If it's not fun, I'm not doing it! Lol

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Congratulations!

I've already got a few years of age on me but am a fairly-new rider with only one winter under my belt and can't really relate to why many riders avoid riding below 40.

I'm not fully understanding the discomfort some are experiencing riding below 40 degrees. With respect to my finger tips, yes, but the rest of me is fine down to about 25 (at least), because that's as cold as I've ridden. Maybe it's because I work outside or that I've got a good winter/rain riding suit, or something else, but if I can solve the problem with respect to my finger tips, I won't have any pain or discomfort riding in cold weather.

Layering up is a little aggravating so I can relate to maybe that being a deterrent, but not the cold itself.

Rain hasn't posed a problem for me either as long as it's not coming down real hard to the point where I can't see, or storming for the same reason. But with my new CTX, being a chain-driven bike, this does cause me want to avoid the rain only because I hate the fact that I have to immediately attend to the chain when I get stopped, which isn't always convenient.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally got to put some miles on- 50 to be exact.

I really like this bike. The seat height is perfect for me and the forward pegs are quite comfortable. The bike feels nice and light and what weight there is sits low making it flickable around curves. On the highway it feels well planted and holds the road well. The only minor nit is the wind but I have a Cee Bailey shield on order and that should take care of that.

Hope longer rides are comfortable but only time will tell.

SO FAR, SO GOOD!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts