·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
great looking color and I see you got the DCT .

rest up and hit the road tomorrow, you have earned it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great looking color and I see you got the DCT .

rest up and hit the road tomorrow, you have earned it.
Thanks Bill. My first bike, so didn't want to do all that gear shifting. Haven't done that since my teenage years. But looking forward to the ride. Gotta build up the nerve to get on the freeway though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! Just like mine, am enjoying much. Just rode 170 miles this morning.
Wow! Now that's a ride! How was it? Was it comfortable? I'm still working my way up to get on the open highway.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I rode it just under 400 miles the day after I got it. All on hwy at hwy speeds, no problem.
It is smaller than the wing I traded in. But I like it on the hwy. I live about 70 miles from Indianapolis, so a round trip on I 70 is just a warm up.

You have to be comfortable with new bike in town. Then try a short run on hwy.

Take it to Glen Rose for a nice ride. I lived in GR, Burleson and way back in Richardson.
Worked in Ft Worth.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
If your first bike, I need to give you that "go find an empty parking lot speel" a good place to practice your slow speed, starting and stopping. etc.....

If you read many posts you probably ran in to it already. good luck, be safe, be cautious. Never rush.

Reactions: toyota_tundra

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah ditto to what Bill just said: no need to rush onto the freeway. Many of the joys of this bike can be experienced at speeds of less than 40 mph. Going slowly in "D" mode can be fun just to experience moving smoothly through space.

Man I do love this bike...

Tony

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If your first bike, I need to give you that "go find an empty parking lot speel" a good place to practice your slow speed, starting and stopping. etc.....

If you read many posts you probably ran in to it already. good luck, be safe, be cautious. Never rush.
I did that yesterday - and this parking lot is great b/c it has an almost full circle curve to practice corning and such. I'll be back in the parking lot later today after church.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And find the motorcycle safety course nearest you. Time well spent, the beginner and experienced classes.
Took that course last week. Great stuff.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congrats! She is sexy!! I am new as well. live outside of Nashville. Plenty of roads take me in and out of the city. Where the speed limit is 70mph, I stay clear. The 55mph highways I am comfortable with. Tricky part for me is in and out of parking lots especially the ones that slope. Every day I get a little bit better. Have fun and ride safe!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

Reactions: toyota_tundra

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats! She is sexy!! I am new as well. live outside of Nashville. Plenty of roads take me in and out of the city. Where the speed limit is 70mph, I stay clear. The 55mph highways I am comfortable with. Tricky part for me is in and out of parking lots especially the ones that slope. Every day I get a little bit better. Have fun and ride safe!
Thanks, the same for me. I try to keep the speed reasonable (under 70). I'm a new rider and I love riding this bike. I don't have "the need for speed", just like cruising around. I'm gaining more and more confidence and experience with each ride.

Reactions: Kirstenparks
1 - 20 of 21 Posts