CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may kick myself for not buying this myself, but I want to let everyone know there's a Seth Laam seat for sale over at eBay for only $280 plus shipping. The seller quoted me $93 to $118 for shipping via UPS from CA to PA. The shipping was a little high for me, but I know it's not unreasonable.

Here's a link if anyone is interested.

· Registered
25 Posts
I have to say, I got a Corbin seat and didn't like it much. Sold that, and had Seth make me a custom seat for my CTX, and I LOVE it. Very comfortable, and has support for lumbar. And didn't raise the seat height at all. Highly recommended. One man's opinion.

· Premium Member
863 Posts
I have to say, I got a Corbin seat and didn't like it much. Sold that, and had Seth make me a custom seat for my CTX, and I LOVE it. Very comfortable, and has support for lumbar. And didn't raise the seat height at all. Highly recommended. One man's opinion.
Question. would a Seth Lam seat custom-designed for one individual be just as comfortable for another individual who bought it on ebay? Will it adjust to a different body type?

· Registered
110 Posts
Jason, I also understand that the seat is built for a specific person like yourself. I am 5' 9, 215. Are you anywhere close to that?

r/Bob

· Super Moderator
1,156 Posts
Jason, I also understand that the seat is built for a specific person like yourself. I am 5' 9, 215. Are you anywhere close to that?

r/Bob
Im pretty sure he builds it to your specs after talking with you. As long as you dont request it be raised or lowered from stock, it should be very close to stock.

A lot of folks ask to be moved back, amongst other things, so that may or may not be an issue.

I sent Jason an IM requesting that info but he has not responded.

I'll let you know how it goes since I will be the third owner :)

· Registered
16 Posts
Im pretty sure he builds it to your specs after talking with you. As long as you dont request it be raised or lowered from stock, it should be very close to stock.

A lot of folks ask to be moved back, amongst other things, so that may or may not be an issue.

I tried to purchase that seat from him last year - I believe he has that info listed in his original post.

· Registered
25 Posts
Question. would a Seth Lam seat custom-designed for one individual be just as comfortable for another individual who bought it on ebay? Will it adjust to a different body type?
That's a darn good question. You'd definitely want to ask the seller how the seat was customized. That's one of the values of Seth's seats- he creates it for your body. He didn't modify mine much (and I'm not selling it anyhow, so moot point), but you'd want to know you were about the same height and such.

· Super Moderator
1,156 Posts
I tried to purchase that seat from him last year - I believe he has that info listed in his original post.
Yes he has his height, weight and inseam but doesn't really say what he didn't like about it or what he requested.

· Premium Member
324 Posts
I bought my Seth Laam seat from another member on this site. So I am at least the second owner.
I am 6'3" and heavy at 275 and this seat makes all the difference. And my wife likes it as the second rider, also.
It is a great seat.
Someone here should buy this one. It is ridiculously comfortable and it is much better than the stock seat.
Incidentally, I have both a 2015 seat that came with my bike, and a 2014 because I needed the seat position for my height.
But neither is nearly as good as the Seth Laam.
so get it!

· Registered
10 Posts

I'll let you know how it goes since I will be the third owner :)
Sorry was out of town this week for work. Reply sent to you IM

· Registered
7 Posts
I bought my Seth Laam seat from another member on this site. So I am at least the second owner.
I am 6'3" and heavy at 275 and this seat makes all the difference. And my wife likes it as the second rider, also.
It is a great seat.
Someone here should buy this one. It is ridiculously comfortable and it is much better than the stock seat.
Incidentally, I have both a 2015 seat that came with my bike, and a 2014 because I needed the seat position for my height.
But neither is nearly as good as the Seth Laam.
so get it!

what's the difference between the two stock seats...?

· Super Moderator
1,156 Posts
Reactions: kaferhaus

· Registered
770 Posts
what's the difference between the two stock seats...?
The link shows the difference between the 14 and 15 and above seats. Even with the 2014 seat you still end up sitting on the slope of the seat where it presses the seam of your blue jeans into the bottom of your spine.
Seat configuration 2014/2015

1 - 20 of 21 Posts