CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I live in Australia and wondering whether or not a full motorcycle license or a scooter license is required to ride the automatic Honda CTX700? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
975 Posts
In the U.S., some states restrict MC licenses for riders at certain ages or experience levels; there are no restrictions in TN that apply to me, so I personally don't know alot about or even understand how gov'ts go about restricting them.

However, the following linked article has some information about the current 670 cc engine used in the CTX700. To summarize my understanding, It states that Honda designed it to fall in the A2 category; same as the new 500 series bikes for Europe and the U.S., and that they will soon increase displacement of the 670 to 720 and pull it out of this restrictive classification for future models of the NC700S, NC700X, and Integra. The article goes on to relay that they don't know about the future of the CTX, but I'd assume it will get the slightly bigger engine as well in the future.

I'm not sure if Australia uses the same categories as listed in the article. Maybe, if you read the linked Indonesian article, you can tell if it applies to you. That is unless someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in.

Bidik Eropa, Honda Dongkrak Mesin NC700 — KOMPAS Otomotif

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Australia you can either get a scooter or a motorcycle license. Both have power to weight restrictions during Learners and first year Provisionals. But I would just like to know if a scooter license allows you to ride an automatic motorcycle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts