CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Just doing the obligatory introduction post. I just picked up the N yesterday from a midsize dealer here in Monterey, CA. It's the base model in black, so no Auto or ABS. I signed the paperwork yesterday late so I can't enjoy it till Tuesday. Fortunately I will not have to wait for the dealer to take delivery, so Tuesday is pretty set.
I am stoked to get in on the ground floor of this model launch. While the purists seem to blindly bash this bike I can't really find much fault in it. I do however fall squarely within the demographic that Honda was looking for. I have been riding around on a Yamaha Zuma 125 for about 4 years. I really liked the scooter but I have been looking for something that I could take out on the Highway. (plus the scooter made getting my MC license super easy)

I look forward to seeing what comes of this forum. Next we need to get working on the Mod sections. LED lights are first on my list..

·
Registered
975 Posts
Congratulations and welcome Saimerej.

There was one reviewer/journalist who did a first ride on this bike. He put Honda's target market for the CTX700 and CTX700N into three categories all of which will either be new to bikes or returning to bikes. I, like you, am in the scooter graduate category. I'm selling/trading a Piaggio BV350 for a faired CTX700 whenever it finally becomes available. My scooter does great on the highway for my fifty-five-mile-per-day commute, but when I found out I can get a 700 Honda that gets better mpg and cruises under 4000 RPM for long engine life at the price they've got it at, I had to have one. In one sense I fit their category, but in another sense I don't. I live in a rural area and my commute is even more rural.

You'll find there a more scooter graduates on here and a few that's owned both scooters and MCs. We're a pretty diverse group so far.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Saimerej.

Welcome to the forum. Take a picture of your new bike while out and about with it if you can and post it here. Always interesting to see them in their natural surroundings.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. As soon as the bike is in my grubby little paws I'll have a pic posted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts