CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, this one is mine! Her name is "Sally"

I have been wanting this one since August. I didn't know at that time I could hold one untill I asked today and found out I was able to. I secured it as mine today without paying anything, but tomorrow I am putting 25% down! I still won't be able to recieve it untill it is paid off. I estimate that time to be somewhere around June, give or take. I am very impatient and already have over $1600 in parts and mods to put on it. When I get the bike, progress pics and info will be published here for my bike. Stay tuned...

The parts I already collected in early September '13, just 16 days after I decided I am going to get this bike.

There is over 500 photos in this thread! You can view the Photo Album rather then sifting through every post if you like. Photos have been minimized to lower bandwidth. Click on each photo for the full size high resolution photo!​

·
Banned
463 Posts
Mustang Sally????

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I really wanted this bike and had to ask thinking there was no way they would. He said for as little as $100 he can hold something for 60-90 days. I was kind of mad at that cause I had $300 in pocket when I was there the first time. I asked if I could hold it till june and he said you can pay 100 or more a month to extend it. I said I'll give you 2 grand tomorrow and he said with that much, he can hold it forever jokingly. He said there was a bike in the back that has been purchased, their making payments on it, just waiting for pick up for over 15 months now. It don't hurt to ask!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I really wanted this bike and had to ask thinking there was no way they would. He said for as little as $100 he can hold something for 60-90 days. I was kind of mad at that cause I had $300 in pocket when I was there the first time. I asked if I could hold it till june and he said you can pay 100 or more a month to extend it. I said I'll give you 2 grand tomorrow and he said with that much, he can hold it forever jokingly. He said there was a bike in the back that has been purchased, their making payments on it, just waiting for pick up for over 15 months now. It don't hurt to ask!

A layaway plan for a motorcycle! I LIKE that idea. The only "bad" thing about it ... there would probably be MORE bikes in the back, waiting to be recieved, than out front on the showroom floor! Maybe even a separate warehouse just to store the "pay-as-you go" layaway bikes. And then there are those bikes that people are paying on but stop paying or forget about ... what becomes of the money paid for the bikes? OR if the bike has been in "storage" (waiting to be paid off) for awhile and the future owner doesn't want it ... will there still be a buyer for last year's model? The concept is good BUT it could have some "bad" down-the-road effects on the dealership or future owner (credit report).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Love the white, congrats!

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A layaway plan for a motorcycle! I LIKE that idea. The only "bad" thing about it ... there would probably be MORE bikes in the back, waiting to be recieved, than out front on the showroom floor! Maybe even a separate warehouse just to store the "pay-as-you go" layaway bikes. And then there are those bikes that people are paying on but stop paying or forget about ... what becomes of the money paid for the bikes? OR if the bike has been in "storage" (waiting to be paid off) for awhile and the future owner doesn't want it ... will there still be a buyer for last year's model? The concept is good BUT it could have some "bad" down-the-road effects on the dealership or future owner (credit report).
It's not exactly advertised. It is for the serious intrested. They don't want to give you your money back, they warn you that up front and they will hassel you if it is neglected. It's kind of an honor system, no fee's time limit or minimums. I put my downpayment on today. They tagged it as sold and is still on the showroom floor so others can see a different model, kind of like free advertisement. I probably won't be back to see it or pay anything else untill spring or summer when I have the rest of the money to pay it off and pick it up, the place is 48 miles from home. The guy said that's fine and gave me my recipts tool kit and the manual for it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's not exactly advertised. It is for the serious intrested. They don't want to give you your money back, they warn you that up front and they will hassel you if it is neglected. It's kind of an honor system, no fee's time limit or minimums. I put my downpayment on today. They tagged it as sold and is still on the showroom floor so others can see a different model, kind of like free advertisement. I probably won't be back to see it or pay anything else untill spring or summer when I have the rest of the money to pay it off and pick it up, the place is 48 miles from home. The guy said that's fine and gave me my recipts tool kit and the manual for it.
A sale is a sale, even IF takes awhile to be a "final" sale. Glad the dealership was able to "work things out" with you for your purchase. Just so long as the dealership explained "everything" up front to you ... no "hidden" agenda to "bite" you in the butt later. I've had my "share" of questionable dealings with sale people who "accidentally" forgot to "tell" me about something, in the contact that I had just signed, until it was too late! I try to uphold the philosophy that if you don't have the "bucks" in your pocket/available, you CAN'T buy it! It doesn't always work though! Enjoy your "new' toy ... by the time the weather gets good again, you'll be sitting on the "beast!"

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A sale is a sale, even IF takes awhile to be a "final" sale. Glad the dealership was able to "work things out" with you for your purchase. Just so long as the dealership explained "everything" up front to you ... no "hidden" agenda to "bite" you in the butt later. I've had my "share" of questionable dealings with sale people who "accidentally" forgot to "tell" me about something, in the contact that I had just signed, until it was too late! I try to uphold the philosophy that if you don't have the "bucks" in your pocket/available, you CAN'T buy it! It doesn't always work though! Enjoy your "new' toy ... by the time the weather gets good again, you'll be sitting on the "beast!"
I ride all year and very impatient, so the wait is very tuff! Your right, a sale is a sale! There are no hidden things, infact I still can get perks. If a rebate becomes avalible, I still qualify and warranty doesn't kick in untill paid in full either. It really is on hold/sold. My recipt is a final sales recipt that has my basic info and all the bike info and prices broke down with what I have paid and the remaining balance, no intrest, fees or contracts. When I come to pay more or pay it off, he redo's the final sales recipt balances. In fact, I never signed anything. As I was walking out the door, I asked him if I had to sign anything cause with what I do for a living, everything must be signed. He said the money was signature alone and said you can sign if you want but don't have to. I did sign to secure my money!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ride all year and very impatient, so the wait is very tuff! Your right, a sale is a sale! There are no hidden things, infact I still can get perks. If a rebate becomes avalible, I still qualify and warranty doesn't kick in untill paid in full either. It really is on hold/sold. My recipt is a final sales recipt that has my basic info and all the bike info and prices broke down with what I have paid and the remaining balance, no intrest, fees or contracts. When I come to pay more or pay it off, he redo's the final sales recipt balances. In fact, I never signed anything. As I was walking out the door, I asked him if I had to sign anything cause with what I do for a living, everything must be signed. He said the money was signature alone and said you can sign if you want but don't have to. I did sign to secure my money!
Didn't realize you are in Georgia, Florida here. (Not that the name 'Rebel13' was any type of clue!) Personally, I find Georgia to have BETTER year-round weather than Florida ... too much exposure to air currents and water (everywhere) here. It sounds like you are very "street' smart as to what you are dealing with ... congrats again! Who knows, MAYBE on one of your many trips to, let's say, Daytona (Bikeweek/Bikoterfest), we meetup on I-95, somewhere, and I will cruise down there with you. I live in Jacksonville. I'll even, don't tell anybody, offer you the "rare" opportunity to ride my DN-01, which uses the grand daddy of the DCT's tranny! IF you are interested.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If weather cooperates, I might ride down to daytona this year. I'm a little over 4 hours/260 miles away and do go through Jacksonville. It would be on my Ninja if I do go, I ride down hang out a couple hours and head back in one day. Daytona bike week is usualy to early in the year, it's still cold.

Rebel is ironic to the south, it really has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If weather cooperates, I might ride down to daytona this year. I'm a little over 4 hours/260 miles away and do go through Jacksonville. It would be on my Ninja if I do go, I ride down hang out a couple hours and head back in one day. Daytona bike week is usualy to early in the year, it's still cold.

Rebel is ironic to the south, it really has nothing to do with it.
Let's make it for "nicer" weather. The weather has really gotten 'brisk" lately (bordering around 50) plus the distance just to visit Daytona for just a few hours, doesn't warrant a ride to "sunny" Florida. (Especially on a Ninja, which can't be all that comfortable long distance.) I just went down to Daytona, last Sunday, on my Magna, solo, because my "fair" weather "buddies" chickened out so I'm good for Daytona for a while. Who knows, maybe next year's BikeWeek will have "nicer" weather ... Florida is funny that way!

You WILL always be 'Rebel' to me. Just like I go by 'Gizmo,' for personal reasons which have happened several times in my life! (And I'm NOT furry like that **** "Gremlins" movie depicts it's creatures either!)

I enjoy chatting with you. Keep us posted as 'Sally's delivery day arrives. I just love white ... it's so unique!

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Ninja is really classified as sport tourer, but the back controls get crampy. I want a sporty-cruiser-decked out tourer to be comfortable and carry things when I do ride all over yearly explaining the CTX! Sounds good to me Gizmo, I do ride all over. I will definitly keep an update with info and pictures when I get it. I have many mods in mind that will have to wait until I recieve it cause I need the bike for specs. I have so many mods to do right when I recieve the bike too. You will all be interested, I promise. I just hate waiting!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Now THAT is something to be Thankful for!

I LOVE THE WHITE!

Reactions: Rebel13

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I sold one of my bikes last week and because of that I have the green light at anytime now to go pick this bike up. Due to winter, I'm going to let it sit indoors for the time being. I project I will pick it up between late January up to mid February. I'm now up to over $2k in various parts to put on her. I plan to recieve the bike and mostly-fully equip it and take it to Daytona for a day during bike week.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Hey Rebel,
Watch those Harley riders don't steal Lay Down Sally from you.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts