CTX 700 Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Effem Tee, your solution to the saddlebag stays problem is pure genius. I went to Home Depot and bought the same two brackets and a package of black plastic cable ties. (Less than $15.00) Instead of cable tying the brackets to the license plate holder, I unscrewed the red side reflectors and stuck its bolt through the pre-drilled hole in the bracket (for the screws that would ordinarily attach it to a wall) and the reflector's nut fits "inside" the bracket. See the photo. And thanks for the solution!

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
... I unscrewed the red side reflectors and stuck its bolt through the pre-drilled hole in the bracket (for the screws that would ordinarily attach it to a wall) and the reflector's nut fits "inside" the bracket. See the photo. And thanks for the solution!
I think that's what most of us did.

·
Premium Member
1966 C200 / 1966 S65 / 1979 CB750K / 1982 CT110 / 2016 CSC RX3 / 2018 CSC TT250
52 Posts
Those look to be OEM. And FYI that post is from 2014 and that member hasn't been on the forum since July 2015....
Thanks for the reply. I saw the date and figured I'd ask anyway. Would you happen to know if the OEM bags are still available?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I saw the date and figured I'd ask anyway. Wouldytou happen to know if the OEM bags are still available?
Under the CTX part number, not in production anymore. May still find stock somewhere. Supposedly the NC bags are the same bags.....

Personally, I would suggest going with either SHAD bags and mount or "JFC Bracketz" and any other aftermarket bag. Better storage options than the factory bags and their odd shape/unused space between outside and inside profiles.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Under the CTX part number, not in production anymore. May still find stock somewhere. Supposedly the NC bags are the same bags.....

Personally, I would suggest going with either SHAD bags and mount or "JFC Bracketz" and any other aftermarket bag. Better storage options than the factory bags and their odd shape/unused space between outside and inside profiles.
Thanks explorecaves. I'll give the SHAD bags a browse.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Several of us have the SH36 bags. Lots of reviews on Shad, including this link
Very informative video. Thanks to you and "explorecaves" I plan on going with Shad. Do they come with mounting hardware?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Very informative video. Thanks to you and "explorecaves" I plan on going with Shad. Do they come with mounting hardware?
You will need to buy the SHAD 3P system to go with the bags. I got my mounts off the forum here because the previous owner thought you have to notch the plastic/fender to get it to mount up. As I was installing, I could see where they could think that. But getting the anchors snug enough where they wouldn't move without a light tap with a hammer allowed me to get all the bolts for the mount started and tighten each a little at a time. Everything is tight with about 1/16 inch gap where the previous owner thought I would need to cut.

As for the bags, keep an eye on eBay. I got my bags for a steal since they were floor models. No damage to them at all, just an open box.... I think between the deal on the forum and the eBay find, I got my complete system for about half price.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
You will need to buy the SHAD 3P system to go with the bags. I got my mounts off the forum here because the previous owner thought you have to notch the plastic/fender to get it to mount up. As I was installing, I could see where they could think that. But getting the anchors snug enough where they wouldn't move without a light tap with a hammer allowed me to get all the bolts for the mount started and tighten each a little at a time. Everything is tight with about 1/16 inch gap where the previous owner thought I would need to cut.

As for the bags, keep an eye on eBay. I got my bags for a steal since they were floor models. No damage to them at all, just an open box.... I think between the deal on the forum and the eBay find, I got my complete system for about half price.
They seem pretty popular and require a little scrounging to locate everything. I'll sit down this weekend and order it. Thanks for all your help sir.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts

I have the Shad 3P System on my CB. Love it! I also have the Shad 40L top case and my side caases are the Shad 23's. (I had the same Shad top case when I owned my CTX.)
Shad's a good quality and, IMO, better looking than Givi's. The Givi's look like giant, bubbly beach balls.

***10% off Shad products right now. This weekend is Biketoberfest so it may go up to 20% off.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I have the Shad 3P System on my CB. Love it! I also have the Shad 40L top case and my side caases are the Shad 23's. (I had the same Shad top case when I owned my CTX.)
Shad's a good quality and, IMO, better looking than Givi's. The Givi's look like giant, bubbly beach balls.

***10% off Shad products right now. This weekend is Biketoberfest so it may go up to 20% off.
The Shad23 is what I'm going with as well. The 10% off is on the Shad website?

81 - 95 of 95 Posts