CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed saddlebags on the naked version, I would really like to see some pics.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
there are several on the forum with success. have you tried the search or how to section? Give it a try.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I own a red CTX700N and did install the bags. They are not as sleek as the leather bags I had on my VStar650 but I like the room and the fact that the entire bag comes off. Here is a photo of my bags:

Looks great on the naked bike too! I know it's pricey but I believe I'm going to have to pick up the Honda bags eventually.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hondagirl - did you install these or did the dealership? Do you have a list of all the part numbers? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just noticed that Hepco and Becker just released the C-Bow system for the CTX700. It's an easily removable soft bag mounting system. Anyone interested should check out: C-Bow Mounts
They're aren't any pics yet since it seems like they just added one for the CTX700 in the last few days. I've used their hard mounted bags on a Triumph Bonneville I used to have and really loved it. This seems like a great alternative to spending $1000+ on the factory hard bags.

Reactions: Kfrill and hazloaf

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I just noticed that Hepco and Becker just released the C-Bow system for the CTX700. It's an easily removable soft bag mounting system. Anyone interested should check out: C-Bow Mounts
They're aren't any pics yet since it seems like they just added one for the CTX700 in the last few days. I've used their hard mounted bags on a Triumph Bonneville I used to have and really loved it. This seems like a great alternative to spending $1000+ on the factory hard bags.
Has there been a press release? The Hepco and Becker home site doesn't indicate any thing for the CTX. If the mounts and bags follow the customary prices charged then $500.00 would be a ball park figure. That's pretty steep for soft saddle bags in the 21-23 ltr range.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would like to see some close up photos of the oem bags both open and closed. It is hard to decide what they can hold without more info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry, yes, just enter ctx in the search bar and a few things come up including the c-bow. The mounts and the bags together come out to about $410. While this doesn't appear to be a great deal, I really like the idea of having mounts are almost invisible when the bags aren't on and the demo video on the site looks like it's a really slick attachment system. As someone that doesn't always need luggage, I think it's a great idea.

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is an excellent example of why model specific forums are so awesome! More and more options

Reactions: hondagirl and scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dragonfly I had the dealership put them on. I know you will need the mounts and a keying kit (that should have but did not come with mine). If you search the forum there is a pretty good step by step with photos that one of the guys posted. I want to mention also that there is about a 4 in gap between the bag and the bike body which took me a little getting used to but the look is pretty cool once I got over that!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks hondagirl. Wow, they really stick out there away from the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saddlebags

Given the lack of storage on my CTX700N, I decided early on I would have to add some auxiliary storage. My criteria included something easily removable, have enough capacity to carry necessities for two night trip, and reasonable price. The OEM hard bags were immediately eliminated on points 1 and 3. My solution was a set of Nelson-Riggs saddlebags (CL-950) which I found online for $120. Initial installation took about 45 minutes. In my first test ride they stayed put with no discernible effect. removable takes less than 30 seconds with only two straps remaining on the bike. When I'm satisfied no further adjustment is necessary, I'll probably stitch the two rear straps together so they do not cover any portion of the reflector.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 95 Posts