CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just bought my CTX today and am thoroughly pleased. I purchased it to hop around town and get to work. I was attracted by the fuel efficiency, but the look sealed the deal. The only thing that's missing is the bags. It seems people only have the red ones. I happened to get the white CTX. Does anyone know if there will be a white plate for the OEM bags?

·
Banned
463 Posts
Is it necessary to buy the colored inserts for the saddlebags.
I've had black bags before on colored bikes and it wasn't a problem.
Do these look unfinished if the colored panels are not installed?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is it necessary to buy the colored inserts for the saddlebags.
I've had black bags before on colored bikes and it wasn't a problem.
Do these look unfinished if the colored panels are not installed?
here is a photo of a bike with the plain black saddlebags. I think they look sharp.

Attachments

·
Banned
463 Posts
Thanks guys,
Black looks fine to me.
I dropped a bike with painted bags once, had to replace the lids. Black, unpainted is more tolerant of concrete/blacktop.
P.S. Those who have never dropped bike......never fear......it'll happen.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Did it the other day. Left the parking brake on tried to take off and down I went. Saddlebags saved the bike. And you can't really see the ding either.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Did it the other day. Left the parking brake on tried to take off and down I went. Saddlebags saved the bike. And you can't really see the ding either.
Parking brakes on motorcycles......what's the world coming to???

·
Registered
162 Posts
Being the OCD person that I am I cannot help but notice the Honda Emblems reversed. Glad the bags helped with the fall. I really think they look great on the bike, just having a hard time with the cost.
The emblems are the same. No left and right. One is on right the other is on wrong.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Both my "wing" stickers have the wings tips pointing rearward.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mine definitely had a left and right.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
If it doesn't bother you then I wouldn't worry, it would drive me nuts because attention to detail was branded into my head June 1989 in bootcamp.....now everything is "in the details" lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts