CTX 700 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Ok, to install hard bags, the first task will be to remove the rear panels and install inner supports. The attached video shows how to do that. If you plan to use Shad bags, install the supports Shad supplies. If you plan to use JFC Bracketz, install the Honda supports as shown in the video. Once the inner supports are installed, you can add brackets and hard bags. Good luck, and keep asking questions.
Pardon my lack of knowledge, even with all of the Shad parts, does one still need "inner supports" such as Honda parts standard on "D" (faired) model? (I have these available because I'm now using T-Rex parts, w/some mods).

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Pardon my lack of knowledge, even with all of the Shad parts, does one still need "inner supports" such as Honda parts standard on "D" (faired) model? (I have these available because I'm now using T-Rex parts, w/some mods).
You could sell the Honda inner supports to someone with a CTX 700N, who wants to use JFC Bracketz, or a Honda/Mutazu Luggage Rack Assembly. :)

Reactions: 350Four

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm looking for saddlebags or hard side cases for my bike. I'm having a hard time finding solid info on this, sadly.

My bike is new to me and I'm unfamiliar with installing saddlebags so I need basic info. My local Honda dealership was not helpful, as they directed me to discontinued, unavailable items.

So, what sort of saddlebags or hard cases are compatible with my bike? Do you need Honda's mounting brackets?

I searched this forum, and unfortunately, the information I found on this subject is too old to be useful, as the recommended bags are discontinued.

Years ago I Bungie corded a couple duffle bags over the passenger seat of my '81 Yamaha, but I'd like to think I've moved beyond that stage.

Thank you all.
I installed the SHAD36 side cases and Top case, and I love them. Much larger than the OEM and won awards for aerodynamics. Takes 2 people to install but worth the effort. They are hard cases and protect your bike if your drop it as i have done a couple of times. They are made in Catalonia, Spain but ship out of Florida. check it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I installed the SHAD36 side cases and Top case, and I love them. Much larger than the OEM and won awards for aerodynamics. Takes 2 people to install but worth the effort. They are hard cases and protect your bike if your drop it as i have done a couple of times. They are made in Catalonia, Spain but ship out of Florida. check it out.
I ordered them but they are backordered until the end of July. I'll have no problem getting my husband to install them with me. Thanks!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts