CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm pretty new to the forum since I recently purchased a 2018 ctx700 DCT. I love the thing so far, but want to start taking longer trips. I recently purchased some Kuryakyn saddlebags, but think I'll probably end up needing some saddlebag supports to keep everything in place. Have any of you found a good system that you like that isn't a complete pain to set up?

·
Registered
928 Posts
If they are throw over bags, you can search the forum for the "closet rod mod" to keep the soft bags from swinging under the fender and contacting the tire/chain.

If they are hard bags, do a search for "JFC Bracketz".... they will do what you want. Keep in mind if you have the naked model, you will also need to install the inner supports.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If they are throw over bags, you can search the forum for the "closet rod mod" to keep the soft bags from swinging under the fender and contacting the tire/chain.

If they are hard bags, do a search for "JFC Bracketz".... they will do what you want. Keep in mind if you have the naked model, you will also need to install the inner supports.
I have tried finding the closet rod mod and it brings me back to a thread that merely mentions it. Got a direct link?

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I have tried finding the closet rod mod and it brings me back to a thread that merely mentions it. Got a direct link?
Been so long that I totally forgot about his mod. I twas brought here by members EffEmmTee. Basically a Rubbermaid strip that you screw to a wall, so you can then fasten bracket for installing horizontal shelves in closets and on walls . I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Been so long that I totally forgot about his mod. I twas brought here by members EffEmmTee. Basically a Rubbermaid strip that you screw to a wall, so you can then fasten bracket for installing horizontal shelves in closets and on walls . I'll see if I can find it.
Please and thank you Big Daddy Dave :p

·
Registered
928 Posts
Here's the link to the closet rod mod

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Here ya go...
This is the cheapest method but if you want real quality brackets that will hang hard bags (I have Viking Lamallar Extra Large bags on my bike, the answer is the JFC Bracketz. Bolt on under the rear grab handles (faired model). can also be used on the N models if you add the OEM inner supports.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here ya go...
This is the cheapest method but if you want real quality brackets that will hang hard bags (I have Viking Lamallar Extra Large bags on my bike, the answer is the JFC Bracketz. Bolt on under the rear grab handles (faired model). can also be used on the N models if you add the OEM inner supports.
I bought some really big bags so I think ill do the professional ones so I have a naked so please correct me if im wrong but im assuming I need:
1. inner support thingie (link please?)
2. Passenger grab handles? (link?)
3. the jfc bracketz thing. (what do those normally run?)

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I bought some really big bags so I think ill do the professional ones so I have a naked so please correct me if im wrong but im assuming I need:
1. inner support thingie (link please?)
2. Passenger grab handles? (link?)
3. the jfc bracketz thing. (what do those normally run?)
You'll need:
1. the inner support brackets. but not the rear grab handle Unless you want them).
2. JFC Bracketz (Moderator Bob Witte took over production of this after jfc77320, John F. Cromer, died last year).
go up to the top right corner of the page and see the three vertical dots. Click on that and a drop down will appear. Click on advanced search and enter JFC Brackets.

·
Registered
928 Posts
got a link to the bags you got?

if you want/need the JFC bracketz, you will need the inner supports.

item numbers 7, 8 , 9 , 14, 19, 20, and 21 in the link below. (can get the bolts and washers from your local hardware store for cheaper).

·
Registered
74 Posts
got a link to the bags you got?

if you want/need the JFC bracketz, you will need the inner supports.

item numbers 7, 8 , 9 , 14, 19, 20, and 21 in the link below. (can get the bolts and washers from your local hardware store for cheaper).

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
I dont think i have the tools to make a mod. Any suggestions for a non mod purchased thing?
Did you look at the link for the closet rod mod I posted earlier (post 6 in this thread)? It is only a few zip ties....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you look at the link for the closet rod mod I posted earlier (post 6 in this thread)? It is only a few zip ties....
I did, I dont think that will work for the size bags I got, I think I need actual bag mounts that will put them further out to avoid the exhaust. Unless I cut the leather pieces the bags are connected to. Ill take a picture when I get home and have a chance, I gotta deliver a chicken to a friend.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I did, I dont think that will work for the size bags I got, I think I need actual bag mounts that will put them further out to avoid the exhaust. Unless I cut the leather pieces the bags are connected to. Ill take a picture when I get home and have a chance, I gotta deliver a chicken to a friend.
bar b que or live?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
In that case, I would go with plastic bags, thriple bagged! Forget the inner liner, strap it across the seat and keep it in the air.:unsure:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Keep the bags, ditch the chicken....
Was going to post a related song "Baby won't let me eat roadkill" by that famous Canadian group Three Dead Troll in a Baggie, but can't find it on line. too bad.:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts