CTX 700 Forum banner

Saddlebag locking problem

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  vulcan 
#1 ·
Wondered if anyone has experienced the same problem I have with the saddlebag locks.
It seems like when the lock is in the locked position a very small portion of the locking flanger engages both the saddlebag lock and the mounting lock.
This allows me to pull up on the handle with very little pressure and disengage the lock.
There doesn't appear to be any kind of adjustment. The flange should be about an eight of an inch longer....but then there may not be sufficient space for it to reach the unlock position.
Hopefully, one of you has found the same problem and corrected it with a simple little fix.
Thanks

#2 ·
When all else fails look at the directions!
I looked at the picture of the installation of the lock cylinder and .....xxxx....I have the plate reversed.
Thanks for thinking about it.

#5 ·
When I installed the locking plate I had the protruding part facing out instead of in.
I was consistent, did them both that way. Fixing was simple, turn it over. Works fine now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.