CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted about this awhile back, I bought used OEM saddlebags from a bike shop and salvaged them. Unfortunately for me the original owner kept the plates that attaches to the locks which enables the bags to be lockable.

I've persistently bugged Honda and they have not come out with an individual part number. One locksmith was unable to help me, I have an attachment of what they look like. Any kind of assistance to help me obtain these would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I believe you will need to buy the whole lock instead of just the part you need. Its been awhile and I cant remember the site but you can buy replacement locks individually.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Your not going to find a replacement for that. Only way to get that is to get a new lock set or salvage once again from another set.

The only thing close you can try matching up would be mailbox locks. But, they are usually shaped (squared) much differently for mounting and not sure if you could rig one to work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been in touch with Honda directly, they do NOT offer this part for sale. Stupidly it only comes with the bags. This small piece, which probably cost .30 cents to make...isn't available, and not considered part of the locks. Im going to try and have it made. Don't want to throw away perfectly good bags. Honda, you have screwed up royaly; Thanks for nothing.

·
Registered
614 Posts
This part looking at the ctxplate.jpg is a simple swing tab to a cam lock. If you Google “cam lock” and look under images you will find many different styles of them. With a small file and simple tools to cut and bend the tab to the correct dimensions you can adapt one with a little effort. I have done this with the many different brands, styles and thickness of cabinet doors that have this type of lock on where I work. I have also taken a small piece of flat aluminum bar stock, drilled a slightly smaller hole in it and then filed it to fit the lock and then bent it to shape. It's doable to save an expensive set of bags.
cam lock - Google Search

·
Registered
2014 CTX700
1 Posts
I've been in touch with Honda directly, they do NOT offer this part for sale. Stupidly it only comes with the bags. This small piece, which probably cost .30 cents to make...isn't available, and not considered part of the locks. Im going to try and have it made. Don't want to throw away perfectly good bags. Honda, you have screwed up royaly; Thanks for nothing.
Hi Stickalilly, I have a similar challenge - interested to know if you solved it? I'm looking for qty 1 piece. Just bought a 2014 with the bags installed, but the left side lock cylinder is missing; I can order the replacement bits, but can't find the lock cam. Any luck?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts