CTX 700 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Rox 2" risers install was a relatively easy job with plenty of slack in cables after removing clips. MAN! They sure are nice. Highly recommend if you are having to lean forward at all while riding.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Love the Rox Risers!

Thank you for this valuable post with pictures that were very helpful. I was a little dismayed that the stock CTX700 bars were not your standard affair. So after doing the post on "Rank Your Top 5 Modifications", I noticed members had installed the Rox Risers. I had never heard of them before. Well I installed them a few days ago and I absolutely love them. It makes it into an entirely different ride. The risers in combination with my Corbin low seat give me that feeling that I'm riding in not on the bike... outstanding.

The bars are very close to being perfect but my wife needed just a little more pullback so I purchased the Rox Risers from Powersport Junkie, 72.95 free shipping.(WPS-44-83477B) is their part number.
Motorcycle, Dirt Bike, Street and ATV Parts, Apparel and Accessories | Powersport Junkie

roxspeedfx BLACK 2" Rise x 1 1/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar Dual Sport Pivoting Risers

Installation took me about 1hr 30min and that was taking my time, no rushing on motorcycle work. The brake hose is held in place on the lower triple tree on the front side. If you remove the bolt and release the metal bracket from the mounting clamp then there will be enough slack in the brake line. The electrical cables are attached to the triple tree on the front with a plastic push clip on each side, once removed with a flat screwdriver used as a pry tool there is enough slack. I rerouted the clutch line to behind the triple tree but that is not necessary unless you want a cleaner look. Otherwise it can be rerouted and go across the top of the ignition from right to left. I had to take the clutch lever off, unscrew the clutch line from the housing, and then reroute behind the trees. (5 min)

I highly recommend covering the plastic with a towel and be ready for the bars to come down when all the bolts are loosened.

I took the bike for a quick ride to verify no sticking cables or pulling on the electrical lines. Everything is perfect and the comfort they add is well worth $72.95. I would guess a dealer would charge 1-12 hours depending on how much they like you as a customer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Got mine on about 2 months ago and I love them. However, the steering is a tiny bit **** eyed to the right when the wheel is straight, but ive gotten used to it by now. After installing it and riding around, I decided to go to home depot and buy a rod to go in between the holes in the middle to give me better piece of mind that the risers wont fall off and stay tight.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts