CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bars are very close to being perfect but my wife needed just a little more pullback so I purchased the Rox Risers from Powersport Junkie, 72.95 free shipping.(WPS-44-83477B) is their part number.
Motorcycle, Dirt Bike, Street and ATV Parts, Apparel and Accessories | Powersport Junkie

roxspeedfx BLACK 2" Rise x 1 1/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar Dual Sport Pivoting Risers

Installation took me about 1hr 30min and that was taking my time, no rushing on motorcycle work. The brake hose is held in place on the lower triple tree on the front side. If you remove the bolt and release the metal bracket from the mounting clamp then there will be enough slack in the brake line. The electrical cables are attached to the triple tree on the front with a plastic push clip on each side, once removed with a flat screwdriver used as a pry tool there is enough slack. I rerouted the clutch line to behind the triple tree but that is not necessary unless you want a cleaner look. Otherwise it can be rerouted and go across the top of the ignition from right to left. I had to take the clutch lever off, unscrew the clutch line from the housing, and then reroute behind the trees. (5 min)

I highly recommend covering the plastic with a towel and be ready for the bars to come down when all the bolts are loosened.

I took the bike for a quick ride to verify no sticking cables or pulling on the electrical lines. Everything is perfect and the comfort they add is well worth $72.95. I would guess a dealer would charge 1-12 hours depending on how much they like you as a customer.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
CEETEEX, looks like a well made product to solve a specific problem. Hour and a half is good time to be careful and do it right. Price is good too.

thanks for posting pics and info.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed this option mentioned in another thread and figured I would bring it to the top. It has not been brought up in a while....

·
Registered
329 Posts
THANK YOU MY BRUTHA! I do risers in January, after floorboards

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can't find risers ?

Rox Riser factory is out of stock!

Powersport Junkie seems to no longer have a website!

Any other places carry them?

Pathfinder

The bars are very close to being perfect but my wife needed just a little more pullback so I purchased the Rox Risers from Powersport Junkie, 72.95 free shipping.(WPS-44-83477B) is their part number.
Motorcycle, Dirt Bike, Street and ATV Parts, Apparel and Accessories | Powersport Junkie

roxspeedfx BLACK 2" Rise x 1 1/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar Dual Sport Pivoting Risers

Installation took me about 1hr 30min and that was taking my time, no rushing on motorcycle work. The brake hose is held in place on the lower triple tree on the front side. If you remove the bolt and release the metal bracket from the mounting clamp then there will be enough slack in the brake line. The electrical cables are attached to the triple tree on the front with a plastic push clip on each side, once removed with a flat screwdriver used as a pry tool there is enough slack. I rerouted the clutch line to behind the triple tree but that is not necessary unless you want a cleaner look. Otherwise it can be rerouted and go across the top of the ignition from right to left. I had to take the clutch lever off, unscrew the clutch line from the housing, and then reroute behind the trees. (5 min)

I highly recommend covering the plastic with a towel and be ready for the bars to come down when all the bolts are loosened.

I took the bike for a quick ride to verify no sticking cables or pulling on the electrical lines. Everything is perfect and the comfort they add is well worth $72.95. I would guess a dealer would charge 1-12 hours depending on how much they like you as a customer.

Reactions: fjones

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
289 Posts
The description said there is a 7/8" adapter to remove. I thought the handle bars were 1 1/8" at that point. Are they 1 1/4"? Or is the stem the 1 1/4" measurement?

If the 1R-P2PPK is the correct part number then this place has them for $68.46

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/900194162

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The description said there is a 7/8" adapter to remove. I thought the handle bars were 1 1/8" at that point. Are they 1 1/4"? Or is the stem the 1 1/4" measurement?

If the 1R-P2PPK is the correct part number then this place has them for $68.46

Rox Speed FX Elite Series Pivot Handlebar Riser - 2in. - Black 1R-P2PPK

Here goes.

Clamp that holds the Rox lower is 1 1/8, that is the thickness of the stock bars until it reduces down to 7/8 at the controls.

Those are the correct ones you listed at oemcycle.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Here goes.

Clamp that holds the Rox lower is 1 1/8, that is the thickness of the stock bars until it reduces down to 7/8 at the controls.

Those are the correct ones you listed at oemcycle.
Ok I got it. Your post said 1 1/4" and I got confused.

Those look like a 7/8 stem clamp, you will need the 1 1/4 stem clamp.

It is a 1 1/8" stem clamp. :eek:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Since the DCT version has different controls/cables, is there any reason to believe the same "Rox Speed FX Elite Series Pivot Handlebar Riser - 2in. - Black 1R-P2PPK" set wouldn't be correct?

I'm almost certain that I'm going to need something like this due to an arthritic shoulder. :confused:

Reactions: fjones

·
Registered
154 Posts
What did these change? Height or reach? I wouldn't want my bars any higher but it would be nice to have them closer to me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My ROX risers bring the bars back and allow me to relax my shoulders more.

Reactions: Kfrill

·
Registered
277 Posts
...I wouldn't want my bars any higher but it would be nice to have them closer to me.
That goes for me, too. I know that there are two pivot points, but if they were offered in 1" height, I might opt for them instead. I think a lot of how you configure them depends upon cable length(s).

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Go to their website, they are offered in a number of variations. Just make sure you get 1 1/8 for the base. I am 5'7 and the rise was no issue, wife is 5'4 and works well for her. If you use the pullback it will significantly reduce the rise.

Should be same on DCT, easier because you have no clutch cable to move.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts