CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got up at 3:00 AM to be out the door by 4:00 to beat LA traffic. Left San Diego and arrived in Fresno safely. The CTX did wonderful running 70-75 most of the way (360ish miles). We made plenty of stops and didn't feel thrashed at the end of our day. Tomorrow we go through Yosemite. Bring on the twisties.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
We got up at 3:00 AM to be out the door by 4:00 to beat LA traffic. Left San Diego and arrived in Fresno safely. The CTX did wonderful running 70-75 most of the way (360ish miles). We made plenty of stops and didn't feel thrashed at the end of our day. Tomorrow we go through Yosemite. Bring on the twisties.
How far north you heading after Yosemite? With school starting maybe Yosemite will not be as crowed for you. Hope so.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill I'm staying in Woodland just down the road from you. Tomorrow Friday I go up to Auburn to visit Uncle and Cousins. We will go to the Fast Fridays speedway races. Then we come back to Woodland kick back on Saturday then head home on I-5 Sunday.
Yosemite was fun but it did have a lot of European tourists. It took 3hrs to go 50miles in the park. It was only 275miles today but it took for ever. Out of Yosemite we took Hwy49 through the Gold Country. Lots of fun twisty road and beautiful scenery. We had to take lots of breaks, my wife was actually having to work at riding on these roads. We were 12 hours in the saddle and I'm pooped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts