920 Posts
I do two "themes":

A. Draggin' Jeans over Bohn armor pants;
B. Textile overpants from Joe Rocket.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
I've got a pair of Olympia overpants (with removable lining, so they are all-season), and 2 pair of riding jeans, Bull-it and Ironworks. The overpants get the most use, since I can wear anything under them, including work slacks.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Older Joe Rocket mesh pants w/shorts underneath (& similar jacket), when hot. Alpinestars riding jeans w/Bohn short "under" armor. Medium denier Suzuki riding pants w/knee pads added, when cooler.
I never feel protected w/ordinary jeans which are known to shred or tear easily in a crash, so I try to avoid them for riding.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all. Been looking for years for something light weight and non restrictive. Blue jeans don't hack it for me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Olympia over pants. They have outseam zippers so I can get them on and off over my size 14W boots. I have a 30" inseam, and have yet to move the armor to a good spot. I tried the Joe Rocket short size over pants but they wouldn't fit over my boots.

·
Registered
847 Posts
First Gear over pants for cold weather and mesh over pants for warm weather. Both with CE armor at knee and hip, extra material in the posterior....

Please know that regular jeans provide NO protection. I saw a guy get his leg shredded from a parking lot tip over.

ATGAT if you like your skin. Armored motorcycle jeans are the absolute minimum IMO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've spent many hours researching and experimenting with various garments and layering combinations that suit my riding needs and wide ranging climate conditions ranging from riding in near freezing temps like now (+1*C/34*F) to hot, humid summer heat (40*C/104*F).

Both of the pants cited below have removable, Level 2 armor in the knees and hips. By choice, I am an ATGATT rider and research demonstrates dressing properly for body vapor/heat dissipation is better than stripping down to a t-shirt and shorts and thinking less is better.

In Spring/Autumn, I wear appropriate long sleeve/leg synthetic or mixed base layer (top and bottom) with fleece upper mid layer (when needed), a 3-in-1 riding jacket and Resurgence Gear brand cruiser cargo pants.

Come Summer, I switch to an appropriate merino wool (yup merino wool in summer ... usually not in the cold) base layer top and bottom), either short or long sleeve/leg depending on the temperature with armored Joe Rocket mesh riding pants.

Your tastes may differ according to your wants, needs, how lucky you feel and aversion to hyper/hypothermia.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I don't ride aggressive so blue jeans unless cold, then rockets over top, removed the padding and wet liner. Found them "like new" on ebay.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Kevlar with armor pants and change into work attair when I get to work. Different jackets depending on weather. Mesh type with armor and removable liner in the hot days and leather with removable liner as it gets colder. I addd an old wooly pulley sweater underneath when it gets closer to freeze. Only my hands get cold when running at 60+ mph.
Pierre

·
Registered
2021 Zero S
13 Posts
I have Olympia leggings and a pair of Bilt armored jeans. Check out a company called tobacco moto wear . Jeans are not really protective unless they are riding jeans.

QUOTE="Bangorbob, post: 953649, member: 48025"]
Thanks to all. Been looking for years for something light weight and non restrictive. Blue jeans don't hack it for me.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
534 Posts
Please know that regular jeans provide NO protection. I saw a guy get his leg shredded from a parking lot tip over.
I learned that one from bicycle riding... jeans might as well be nylons when it comes to protection... the damage that can happen from a motorcycle fall is SOOO much worse. Always ride with that protection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top quality is important. If you are looking to save a couple of bucks look at eBay. Discontinued and lightly used at about half price seems to be comm…
I have bought and sold gear on the site for years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts