CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After another day in the saddle I am even more convinced that this is a great all around bike. Had to pick up my other bike that was down for a tire change, so started the day out two-up on the CTX. I had the opportunity to ride pillion and just monitor. Interesting observation: While riding at about 65 MPH Thumper decided to check out the pick up for a possible passing scenario. Instead of downshifting into 5th he just pulled on the throttle and whatdayaknow it automatically downshifted to 5th picked up speed, went into 6 and hit 75 lickity split and 82 before ya knew it. No problem!!
While I was riding solo I was in 5th at drive mode, pulled on the throttle to gain a little speed and it inherently just knew I needed the power and downshifted to 4th, then immediately back to 5th and then 6th.
Slow speed riding, in parking lots, gas stations, etc. is effortless. I just couldn’t think of one bad thing to say about this bike. Hoping for a few day excursion soon and some video. Until then, please enjoy this clip from our trip in July (pre-CTX, which I surely wish I had received prior to leaving): look for Southern Backroads on Two Wheels
thumper mckenzie - YouTube

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
The ride report on your new bike is great. And your take and report on the power delivery of the automatic is excellent.

I know there have been some thinking the series did not have enough power and if traveling commuter all out fast lane at 75+ I would agree but not the riding you do will it be lacking.

I viewed you video and wow, so green and traffic free. although not rain free. Nice meandering highway.

What was that on your tank, a painted stuffed animal or actual stuffed animal. There was one section where the lead bike, Thumper, had quite a load on its sissy bar. Like riding double.

thanks for sharing. I think there were others videos on youtube I will return to that you two posted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
this and everything else being posted is getting me more excited for my purchase. test rode one in madison, wi two weeks ago for half an hour and loved it. waiting for the fairing DCT ABS version to arrive in august or september. looking at getting the tall windshield and currently selling a few items to fund the saddle bags. since red is my only option, i'm starting to like it more and more. :D

After another day in the saddle I am even more convinced that this is a great all around bike. Had to pick up my other bike that was down for a tire change, so started the day out two-up on the CTX. I had the opportunity to ride pillion and just monitor. Interesting observation: While riding at about 65 MPH Thumper decided to check out the pick up for a possible passing scenario. Instead of downshifting into 5th he just pulled on the throttle and whatdayaknow it automatically downshifted to 5th picked up speed, went into 6 and hit 75 lickity split and 82 before ya knew it. No problem!!
While I was riding solo I was in 5th at drive mode, pulled on the throttle to gain a little speed and it inherently just knew I needed the power and downshifted to 4th, then immediately back to 5th and then 6th.
Slow speed riding, in parking lots, gas stations, etc. is effortless. I just couldn’t think of one bad thing to say about this bike. Hoping for a few day excursion soon and some video. Until then, please enjoy this clip from our trip in July (pre-CTX, which I surely wish I had received prior to leaving): look for Southern Backroads on Two Wheels
thumper mckenzie - YouTube

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
the fairing version comes in white. Do they not allow it to have the DCT which gets ABS too? I did not think it was a red only thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
everything i have seen to date shows that the DCT ABS fairing version only comes in red. the powersports website seems to show that too during the "build your own" function. otherwise white would be a nice option.

the fairing version comes in white. Do they not allow it to have the DCT which gets ABS too? I did not think it was a red only thing.

·
Registered
975 Posts
The lack of color choice for D models is in fact true according to the Honda website. The 700D is only in red. The 700ND is only in black. Henry Ford principle so far with the CTXs. Each model has two color choices for the standard trim (N model gets black or red; 700 model gets red or white), but only one choice with respect to the D models. I have no insight as to whether or not this will change at some point.

·
Registered
892 Posts
There was one section where the lead bike, Thumper, had quite a load on its sissy bar. Like riding double.
Hey Bill, that looks heavier than it really is. The Vulcan 1700 is a mule. That is my Nelson Rigg touring pack mated with a Bikers Friend hard roll. I can't believe how easy this system is to put on and take off the bike. Plus we have packed enough for two, for at least 3 weeks on the road.
We also learned the value of the new Hi-Tech sports wear that can be hand washed and dries overnight. 2 shirts ea., 2 underwear, 2 pr. socks. Alternate each day and then 3 pr jeans each (try to wear the jeans at least 2 days). Makes laundry on the road a cinch!

Glad you enjoyed the video! I left out NC in the credits. Hope they don't get angry. LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts