CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search for this mod with no result. My 2015 CTX700T has a 1 3/4" mickey mouse shifter 'peg' and I would like to replace it with a longer one. Do not see any easy way to remove the stock peg. I am sure I will be able to find a longer peg but may need to drill a hole in the arm or something. Anybody?

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Thanks for posting this. We’re both going to learn something here.
I can’t help you with that only to say that I’m planning to replace my shifter peg when I add Bob Witte’s toe/heel shifter.
I checked the service manual and all I could find was how to pull the shifter arm off. I could send you that if you don’t have a manual.
Not knowing for sure, I cant see a major problem to getting it off.
For what it’s worth, I’ve ordered 2 Kuryakyn shifter pegs from Fortnine.ca

Glenn

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a manual which didn't help for this. With my floorboards my foot is further out making shifting a little more difficult. I thought I saw some where on this site that showed a longer peg but can't find it again. Will stop by the dealer in the next few days and see if they can help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After further investigation, it appears the peg, with the rubber 'liner' is actually part of the shifter assembly not merely bolted or screwed on the end of the arm. If so, it would have to be cut off and a hole drilled in the arm to mount the new peg assembly. Hope I am wrong.

·
Super Moderator
3,082 Posts
After further investigation, it appears the peg, with the rubber 'liner' is actually part of the shifter assembly not merely bolted or screwed on the end of the arm. If so, it would have to be cut off and a hole drilled in the arm to mount the new peg assembly. Hope I am wrong.
Sorry, but you are correct!

I have a front shifter peg that is an aftermarket built for Harley's. I discuss this in some detail in my TMB II trike conversion thread, but I'll save you all time. Wander around eBay looking for Harley foot shift pegs and select the one you like from the 1000's that eBay has listed on any given day. Once you have it, just cut off the OEM peg, drill a 1/4" hole and bolt on the new one. One of the easiest, cheapest and most rewarding mods you can do. So much so, that I almost didn't bother to come up with the heel shifter mod.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts