CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Nov 2013 Motorcyclist magazine there is a review of a NC700X. (pg78).
This bike had been ridden by the staff member and had over 10,000 miles on it.
He had installed a Puig Touring windscreen which he said was bigger than stock but not as large and turbulance inducing as the Honda accessory.
He indicated that he was pleased with this windscreen.

One of the first things I will do when I get my CTX700 next week will be to get saddlebags and a larger windscreen. Since some have indicated they were not pleased with the Honda larger screen I wanted to see what else was available.

I contacted Puig and asked about their plans relative to the CTX700.
They responded and said they would start working on a design in 2014.

Madstad also said they are planning a faired windscreen replacement soon.
If anyone else has any info on success they have had please share.
I guess there have been mixed reviews on the forum from users of the Honda screen. It won't be the first ime I wound up with two or three extra wind screens.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tundra.
They do have a windscreen for the CTX700N but not one yet for a faired model.
They are working on it though.
Hopfully it won't be too long.
I'll see how the short Honda windscreen works then decide. As you can see from my past bikes I like big windscreens.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well if you're referring to the stock windscreen that comes on the DCT, it doesn't do anything at all for the wind. I have the DCT model and when I'm on the highway at 50 plus, the wind just wares me out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Short windshield you need a full face over 50mph. Heck you need a full face for the tall one too (or at least ear plugs). Just my opinion.

I've got my fingers crossed for madstad. My guess is they'll have you drill through the Honda windshield to mount theirs spaced out in front. That extra inch or two will allow them to go wider, missing the handlebars.

I'll be ordering one as soon as they become available.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yep, I have a full faced helmet, but the wind against the body is the killer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got the naked version and saw the Madstadt windscreen online. It doesn't look like it really goes with the bike from the pictures online. Does anyone have any input about the looks of this windscreen on the CTX? I had a tall GIVI windscreen on my Silverwing and had to take it off. I looked thru the "flip" near the top of the screen and it bothered my eyes because of the distortion. The GIVI was great for wind turbulence on the Silverwing. I would like to get a windscreen for the CTX that I can see clearly over/thru and that helps with wind noise.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a madstad screen on my black 700dct. It works fine and for me looks good too. Not at all out of place on the bike.

Reactions: twarnett1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts