CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I want to replace tail lights on my 2014 Honda CTX 700N. The lights are broken. They're held in place by tape. I went to Cycle Gear, the guys said that the replacement is a bit complicated, so I should take it to a Honda service or a mechanic. I want to do it myself. Can you help in pointing me in the right direction?

Please take a look at the pic. Thanks :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think you mean the rear turn signals. Attached are links to download the service manual and owner’s manual if you need it. The service manual says to pull the rear fender to remove the rear turn signals but I would try to remove them first without removing the fender page 22-5 and 6. Appears to be only one screw holding the stalk to the stay if just the stalk is broken and nothing more. Partszilla wants $75.00 each. You can get the whole rear assembly for $125 if you have more extensive structural damage or just the lights for $85.00 on EBay. And throw a couple of pieces of Black Gorilla duct tape over the tear in your seat to cover the foam. The UV light will turn the foam to dust in no time. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
http://www.greenknights36.com/html/files/Pictures/Temp/ServiceManual.pdf

Owners Manuals - Honda

Honda Motorcycle 2014 OEM Parts Diagram for Turn Signal | Partzilla.com

14 Honda CTX 700 CTX700 rear back fender and turn signals blinkers | eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Ctx700-Ctx700d-Ctx700n-Ctx700nd-Rear-Left-Right-Turn-Signals-Light/333515285516?hash=item4da70f640c:g:36kAAOSwuU9dFTI9&fits=Year:2014|Make:Honda|Submodel:--
The service manual can also be accessed at HONDA CTX700N/ND SERVICE MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib

·
Registered
76 Posts
We’ve been down this road before, but I don’t see where anyone has actually tried this alternative and reported back. If you look at just this one example, it is hard to see how Honda could justify a $65 price difference between these turn signals:

CTX700:
NC700X:
They look alike to me. Might be worth a try, even if you had to do a little splicing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts