CTX 700 Forum banner
241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,343 Posts
Welcome to the Forum @Bos700. Sadly for all of us, John (aka @jfc77320) went home to be with the Lord late last year. However, after many trials & tribulations, we came up with a new source:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have redesigned the original brackets I had fabricated to mount Bestem 2012 boxes as saddlebags. These brackets can be adapted to mount just about any aftermarket permanently mounted hard or leather saddlebag. These brackets can also be adapted to mount detachable saddlebags/rear boxes by bolting the original mounting plates to the brackets as I did. Mushrooms and locking catch can also be installed to fit certain other systems as well. The purchaser will need to drill the saddlebag mounting holes to fit the particular bags or mounting system they choose.

These brackets are designed to bolt directly to the CTX700 (fairing model) using the existing hardware. The N model will require the inner supports, spacers, bolts and exterior grommets. Although it is not necessary, I do recommend purchasing the backrest brackets and carrier since it comes with the necessary hardware except the inner supports for the N version and it provides a much more stable base.

If any Forum members are interested, I am now selling them. The cost is $130.00 including shipping within the continental US and a small handling fee. I can only accept a check or money order. These brackets are custom fabricated by a local fabrication shop so expect 7 - 10 days for production and shipping. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or would like to order a pair.
Are you still fabricating those saddlebag brackets?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems I posted wrong. The question is: Are these brackets still available? I haven t seen any recent posts here.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Seems I posted wrong. The question is: Are these brackets still available? I haven t seen any recent posts here.
Yes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes.
Is there an actual website to order those brackets from. Or is the ordering process limited to email tag?

·
Registered
839 Posts
If I were you, I would call Ryan. See below:

For those who may have been waiting to order a set of JFC Bracketz, Ryan from Grille Technologies called me today to say he had just received a delivery of 14 sets of them. If you had already contacted him recently and were waiting for a return call, you should get one soon if you haven't already. I believe he said he was contacting everyone on his list.

The address is in fact, good. However, it has be "tagged as bad" because recently his domain got erroneously reported as a hazardous site by one or more of the self-proclaimed internet police lists. He's got his website guy working on getting it removed, but that's not easy nor quick. Therefore, try calling after about 10:00am to be more sure they are in the office. The numbers are: 727-848-3300 and 727-233-9976. Be persistent. This is a classic, all American, Mom & Pop operation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I were you, I would call Ryan. See below:

For those who may have been waiting to order a set of JFC Bracketz, Ryan from Grille Technologies called me today to say he had just received a delivery of 14 sets of them. If you had already contacted him recently and were waiting for a return call, you should get one soon if you haven't already. I believe he said he was contacting everyone on his list.

The address is in fact, good. However, it has be "tagged as bad" because recently his domain got erroneously reported as a hazardous site by one or more of the self-proclaimed internet police lists. He's got his website guy working on getting it removed, but that's not easy nor quick. Therefore, try calling after about 10:00am to be more sure they are in the office. The numbers are: 727-848-3300 and 727-233-9976. Be persistent. This is a classic, all American, Mom & Pop operation.
I just ordered JFC Brackets from Ryan. He produces these almost at cost as a favor to the forum. He told me he’s never seen them on a bike and really doesn’t even know what they are. But he is the nicest guy in the world and great to work with

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
295 Posts
I would love to have a pair of these brackets. I called and left a message.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
295 Posts
I just placed an order with Ryan. I called, left a message, and half an hour later he called me. My JFC kit is on its way!!!

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
295 Posts
One of my OEM side cases, the right one has a broken lock and for that reason, I cannot use it anymore. I am going to replace the OEM side cases with a GIVI set that I have and sell both OEM side cases. If you are interested PM me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Geezyrider has been awesome to allow me to repost a picture of his saddlebag installation using the new brackets. The bags look incredible on his N version CTX.
Geezyrider has been awesome to allow me to repost a picture of his saddlebag installation using the new brackets. The bags look incredible on his N version CTX.
How do I purchase this bracket?

I want to buy a lameallar buldar Viking hard saddlebags, I’m not sure what brackets I need.

I own a 2014 Honda ctx700n, any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
3,343 Posts
How do I purchase this bracket?

I want to buy a lameallar buldar Viking hard saddlebags, I’m not sure what brackets I need.

I own a 2014 Honda ctx700n, any help would be appreciated!
Click the first link in my signature for info on where to get a set. 😎

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
49 Posts
I have redesigned the original brackets I had fabricated to mount Bestem 2012 boxes as saddlebags. These brackets can be adapted to mount just about any aftermarket permanently mounted hard or leather saddlebag. These brackets can also be adapted to mount detachable saddlebags/rear boxes by bolting the original mounting plates to the brackets as I did. Mushrooms and locking catch can also be installed to fit certain other systems as well. The purchaser will need to drill the saddlebag mounting holes to fit the particular bags or mounting system they choose.

These brackets are designed to bolt directly to the CTX700 (fairing model) using the existing hardware. The N model will require the inner supports, spacers, bolts and exterior grommets. Although it is not necessary, I do recommend purchasing the backrest brackets and carrier since it comes with the necessary hardware except the inner supports for the N version and it provides a much more stable base.

If any Forum members are interested, I am now selling them. The cost is $130.00 including shipping within the continental US and a small handling fee. I can only accept a check or money order. These brackets are custom fabricated by a local fabrication shop so expect 7 - 10 days for production and shipping. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or would like to order a pair.
They look awesome, and I think your price is totally reasonable. I come from the land of H-D and $130.00 might buy you a large bolt (otherwise known as an axle)! Good luck with you new business!

·
Super Moderator
3,343 Posts
They look awesome, and I think your price is totally reasonable. I come from the land of H-D and $130.00 might buy you a large bolt (otherwise known as an axle)! Good luck with you new business!
Peter, sadly, John (aka @jfc77320) actually died almost two years ago. His brackets were redesigned by me and @Daddy Dave and are now aptly called the "JFC Memorial Bracketz." They are kept in production as a service to the CTX community by a vendor I've used locally for a number of projects over the years. As I mentioned to @Newguy858, in post #255 above, just click on the first link in my signature for current pricing and availability information. 😎

·
Registered
2016 CTX-700D Grey Blue Metallic
7 Posts
Peter & Newguy, I recently ordered the JFC bracketz. They're $195 now, which included shipping. My friend is going to help me install them soon, so I haven't tried them yet. The link is in Bob's signature. The guy to talk to is Ryan down in FL.

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
49 Posts
Peter, sadly, John (aka @jfc77320) actually died almost two years ago. His brackets were redesigned by me and @Daddy Dave and are now aptly called the "JFC Memorial Bracketz." They are kept in production as a service to the CTX community by a vendor I've used locally for a number of projects over the years. As I mentioned to @Newguy858, in post #255 above, just click on the first link in my signature for current pricing and availability information. 😎
Sorry to hear of JFC's passing, his memory will live on for many, even those who purchase the brackets...That's a unique 'tribute' you've done for him!
Kind regards,
-Peter

241 - 259 of 259 Posts