CTX 700 Forum banner
221 - 240 of 259 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Sweet, in that case I'd like to go ahead and order a set from you. How does payment work, and what kind of timeframe am I looking at for getting my hands on them?
To start the process, send me a PM and I'll send you some information on the brackets and my email address.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Low cost hard bags with turn signals

Folks,

Just finished my new hard bags thanks to the great brackets from jfc77320! Thanks. I think the chinese bags look great but they were not without issues. Here is a photo gallery:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r5JFNh3ZQmEGc8ar5

-Rod

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
Folks,

Just finished my new hard bags thanks to the great brackets from jfc77320! Thanks. I think the chinese bags look great but they were not without issues. Here is a photo gallery:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r5JFNh3ZQmEGc8ar5

-Rod
Wow! These really look good. Great job. I especially like what you did with the wiring connector. Would like to hear more about the difficulties you had with the bags and how hard it was to mount them to my brackets for future reference.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Looks great! Link please.

If you have any info to share on the install of the bracket, it would be greatly appreciated. It is hard to tell from some of the pictures, but it looks like you mounted the supplied bracket onto the JFC bracket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
good evening.....where did you get the bags?...if you gotta link that would be great....and the bags look excellant...ride safe
These bags are all over eBay, like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-H...R-CTX-CB-Motorcycle-w-Tail-Light/323352011651

Trouble is they don't come with any specific brackets for specific bikes. They come with a box of different strips and angle brackets. Except for some of the bolts, I trashed those brackets and only used the brackets from jfc77320. I make another post with all the issues I had with these bags.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow! These really look good. Great job. I especially like what you did with the wiring connector. Would like to hear more about the difficulties you had with the bags and how hard it was to mount them to my brackets for future reference.
The easiest part was affixing the bags to your brackets. Just drilled 4 holes in each bracket and bolted to the frame that came with the bags. I had to use some spacers so I could mount the bags as close to the bike as possible. I'll have to take a better pic so you can see what I mean. Did you notice the plastic end caps on the M8 bolts to finish it off?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Good luck he hasn’t been available for a while now. A lot of us are waiting feedback to get the brackets ordered as well. Hope he is ok
I hope he is ok and is just on vacation or something would be ashame for this great resource to be lost to the group.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HI, this post is a few years old but wondering if you are still selling these? I have a 2016 CTX700 and just put on tourmaster softbags. realize now i really need a support but nothing i can find. Was going to rig up my own but sounds like you have a much better option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have redesigned the original brackets I had fabricated to mount Bestem 2012 boxes as saddlebags. These brackets can be adapted to mount just about any aftermarket permanently mounted hard or leather saddlebag. These brackets can also be adapted to mount detachable saddlebags/rear boxes by bolting the original mounting plates to the brackets as I did. Mushrooms and locking catch can also be installed to fit certain other systems as well. The purchaser will need to drill the saddlebag mounting holes to fit the particular bags or mounting system they choose.

These brackets are designed to bolt directly to the CTX700 (fairing model) using the existing hardware. The N model will require the inner supports, spacers, bolts and exterior grommets. Although it is not necessary, I do recommend purchasing the backrest brackets and carrier since it comes with the necessary hardware except the inner supports for the N version and it provides a much more stable base.

If any Forum members are interested, I am now selling them. The cost is $130.00 including shipping within the continental US and a small handling fee. I can only accept a check or money order. These brackets are custom fabricated by a local fabrication shop so expect 7 - 10 days for production and shipping. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or would like to order a pair.

221 - 240 of 259 Posts